PDA

View Full Version : Dye Lite Question

phreenet
03-17-2001, 05:45 PM
Hey I have some Dye Lite, I was wondering, if a blue neon light will lite up the dye or does it have to be a Black Light?

Joe
03-17-2001, 05:53 PM
Its gotta be a Black light.

Alives
03-18-2001, 03:49 AM
No, I have blue neons and they light it up better than a black light i have. http://www.islc.net/~friedman/Comp

Alives
03-18-2001, 03:52 AM
Actually its not showing up too well in those pictures, but trust me on this one...it will look the same with the blue neons.

UnaClocker
03-18-2001, 07:14 AM
I painted the inside of the beast black to help it absorb visible light, so that when I have the blaclight on, the ONLY thing you see from the outside are the glowing tubes. I may have a problem with the motherboard being too visible, not sure till I try. I have no problems with spray painting my motherboard black. ;> hehe.. I wouldn't want blue neons for the simple reason that they'd light up the case too much to be able to tell if the tubes are glowing or are just lit up.

rumblefish
03-20-2001, 08:04 AM
where can i find blue dye-lite in stock...and where is a good place to find a uv light that is about 6mm x 100-200mm.....120v or 12v

melvyn
03-20-2001, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by rumblefish:
where can i find blue dye-lite in stock...and where is a good place to find a uv light that is about 6mm x 100-200mm.....120v or 12v

You can get 12 volt blacklights from Streetglow (http://www.streetglow.com/site/auto2.htm). Click the link and scroll down to the bottom of the page.

Joe
03-20-2001, 10:16 PM
Alives, YES visible light WILL make it show up, hell a light bulb would. But at the black light wavelength it glows more then in visible light and looks better as its a contrast to the dark case. Like una is doing.

UnaClocker
03-20-2001, 10:19 PM
Rumble, CaseEtc has blue dyelight in stock, even tho they list it as out, the owner went on vacation, it should be updated when he gets back. :) At least, that's what Chip at OCWC says..

Alives
03-21-2001, 01:55 AM
No, I've tried both...it glows the same with both.

Dv8shawn
05-23-2001, 10:13 AM
Ah ha! You could kill 2 birds with one stone. We use a PCB coating where I work (assembling avionics PCBs) that not only seals the boards from moisture, but glows a really cool color under blacklight. I don't know if it's available non-commercially or how much it costs, but it would look cool as hell.

verapelle
05-23-2001, 03:34 PM
I wish I had been more patient... I bought the green dyelite when it was the only thing available. Now I've got enough to light up the Atlantic and I'm sitting here wishing I had 3 drops of the Blue :). It would look sooo good in my case! It's hard to spend $15 on it though. Maybe I can con a friend into buying it and steal a few drops. BTW, if anyone needs a little green I'll send it for the cost of shipping. (not the whole bottle, just enough for one system)
-verapelle