PDA

View Full Version : Limited overclocking due watercooling?

Medus@
03-19-2001, 01:53 AM
I have water/peltier cooling during a week of two now, but i have one problem. First i was using a Alpha PEP66, could overclock my 667 stable to 1ghz @ 1,95V. In the beginning i was testing my watercooling i put it on 1ghz @ 1,85V is ran VERY stable not a single lockup. Then i tried 1.05ghz @ 1,85V was running 3D Mark2000 and at the last part i got a lockup. So i rebooted, but it didn't want to boot anymore. So i waited a day and the next day i was trying to boot but again it didn't start. So i bought a new slocket and it worked again ( think it crashed due condensation ). Now i am running my slocket for a week now and runs very stable and no condensation. BUT now i can't even get 900mhz or it crashes before windows at any voltage. My 667@830 is idle in windows -25C. At full load it's about 0C. I am going to try the 667 of a friend of mine this afternoon i will report what this processor's maximum is. But the question is Why can't i get 1ghz anymore with the same slocket but a other cooler?

Thank you.

Kevin
03-19-2001, 05:06 PM
Seriously sounds like your chip is getting wet... not sure though. Take everything apart and put it back together piece by piece. I had a GF2 MX that shorted out once. Water wetter is stick so the water was stuck to it, and it wouldn't boot. So (i know this is stupid but what did I have to lose :)) I took off the heatsink and I washed the card w/ soapy water (to get off the water wetter stuck to it). Anyhow, to make a long story short, the thing now works. However, it doesn't o/c more than 1 - 2 mhz higher than stock speed... maybe that's what is happening to your CPU.

Medus@
03-20-2001, 09:21 AM
My friends 667 would run stable at 950mhz @ 1,8 V... So it's not the slocket...

Greetz