PDA

View Full Version : Get Folding! :)

Joe
01-07-2004, 12:06 AM
edit: HELP! we just dropped to 6th place!

We have been over run by the power house team of DPC, who has 300 more people than we have folding. But theres still hope! Get folding for ProCooling and help us get our place back and move on up to 2nd or 3rd! /edit

ProCooling's Distributed Folding team has been at #5 position for some time, but some other teams are starting to get some power. We need your help to get us into the #4 or higher positions!

Check this thread for info!:
http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=7130

Or this for the top level of the Pro/Folding topics:
http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=48

Pitch in, help us get up in the ranks, and help cure some nastyness! :)

pHaestus
01-08-2004, 01:01 PM
I am back in town and started firing up computers today at home and at work. Not seeing any numbers yet but it shouldn't be too long hopefully.

mikoto
01-08-2004, 02:25 PM
I was folding for a while, but I was just having too damn many stability issues with the screen saver and TBO I just can't figure out how to run the text client as a service in the background.

DF tech support told me they were updating the client so I'll try again. I'll put 5 machines on it tomorrow.

If one of you guys would be so kind as to offer me detailed instructions on how to run it in the background (without resorting to too much software-ese) I could put a few more on. Maybe 1 AXP @ 2320, 1AXP @ xp1700 stock speed, 1 pIII @ 700(I think), 2 P4 1.6, 1 stock 2500+, and maybe as many as three or four more various wimpy ones (between 400-1400Mhz).

Boli
01-08-2004, 03:32 PM
Have a look at the folding forum there is a sticky on how to do just that... though you will need to install the text client rather than the screensaver

~ Boli

mikoto
01-08-2004, 04:28 PM
ok
thank you

EDIT: Thank you again, but that is definately not for me :)
I'll have to try to do it another way or use the screensaver for the machines at work.

KnightElite
01-08-2004, 04:38 PM
I am back in town and started firing up computers today at home and at work. Not seeing any numbers yet but it shouldn't be too long hopefully.

OMG.... you turn off your computers when you go on vacation? Honestly, who does that? :D

jaydee
01-31-2004, 02:14 PM
We need to fire up the BBQ and rid of some cows. They are taking over the freeking world! I stil can't understand how they can get so many people so quickly. Does everyone in Dutch land visit that site or something? :shrug:

guandi
01-31-2004, 02:49 PM
I got a XP1800 on it every night and for about 4 hours each day, a XP2000 about the same, a 650 Duron 24/7 and soon to come a Xp2800 will be chuggin away all day and night except evenings and daytime sundays.

Go Pro/Folding!