PDA

View Full Version : What's the Best Heatsink to fit next to SP-97 on an 8RDA3I motherboard?

JokerCPoC
01-17-2004, 05:34 PM
What's the Best Heatsink to fit next to SP-97 on an 8RDA3I motherboard? This is to replace the Zalman NB Gold heatsink, Which is working at 228Mhz fsb, But no higher It seems. :cry: :cry:

JokerCPoC
01-19-2004, 10:00 PM
What's the Best Heatsink to fit next to SP-97 on an 8RDA3I motherboard? This is to replace the Zalman NB Gold heatsink, Which is working at 228Mhz fsb, But no higher It seems. :cry: :cry:

I'm looking at either a Swiftech MCX-159A or the New Blue Zalman Heatsink for My Northbridge. The Swiftech might fit under the SP-97 as the Swiftech is 2.5" tall, Fan included of course. The Blue Zalman will fit fine, I'm just looking for the Best cooling for My 8RDA3I (My 8RDA3I r2.1 is just Possibly a stripped down 8RDA3+ or an 8RDA3G really).
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Alex08
01-19-2004, 10:24 PM
I have a blue zalman, it works wonders if you can get a fan bracket over the nb heatsink.

JokerCPoC
01-19-2004, 10:55 PM
I have a blue zalman, it works wonders if you can get a fan bracket over the nb heatsink.

Zalman makes a bracket that attaches on to the case, using a screw, It goes on top of the agp/pci slot closest to the cpu, It would possibly work for a slow 60mm fan or maybe a fan as small as 40mm possibly. And no It won't interfere with the video card, although I can't speak for those large Zalman video card heatsinks, as to any possible interference problems..

Alex08
01-19-2004, 11:15 PM
you're confusing me a bit.

I use the zalman fan bracket, I stuck a 80mm fan on it.

I use to have a big passive zalman heatspreader with heatpipe on my 9800pro. I was able to use both at the same time.

the fan went above the motherboard, blowing air into the dead space and NB above the gfx card and right below the cpu.

JokerCPoC
01-19-2004, 11:29 PM
you're confusing me a bit.

I use the zalman fan bracket, I stuck a 80mm fan on it.

I use to have a big passive zalman heatspreader with heatpipe on my 9800pro. I was able to use both at the same time.

the fan went above the motherboard, blowing air into the dead space and NB above the gfx card and right below the cpu.

Ok, Well I've never used one of those fan brackets before, sorry about that.

-J-
01-20-2004, 12:30 AM
i used a P4 alu HS for my NB on my 8rda+

i have a volcano 7+ on my cpu.

i cutted the HS so that its not longer than de NB, but its almost 2 times widder. going any closer to the socket would make thing complicated when mounting the HS.

PS: i recommend you use the NB HS for the SB, cause it gets really hot.

JokerCPoC
01-20-2004, 07:16 AM
Well I would, But Epox kindly put a heatsink on there already and glued It down, So I'm not going to tempt fate and try and remove the SB heatsink, It may only be a small gold colored heatsink, But It does seem to do the job. :)