Pro/Forums

Pro/Forums (http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/index.php)
-   General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion (http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   new eheim pump model range (http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=4741)

g.l.amour 10-23-2002 02:58 PM

new eheim pump model range

1 Attachment(s)
bought this just before getting a gr8 deal on a 1250, costs 1/4 of price 1250, nice specs, and about 1/4 1250 size. looking into dismantling it to make it inline. vendor told me that this is eheims answer to all the small cheap pumps (maxi jet...)

comes with a 3 yrs waranty for the ones interested.

edit: i challenge anyone to make it inline, seems kinda impossible

DarkEdge 10-23-2002 03:19 PM

I would have to see pictures of the pump. The challenge would to break open the epoxied housing without inflicting to much damage.

g.l.amour 10-23-2002 03:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
your wish is my command

g.l.amour 10-23-2002 03:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
blabla

g.l.amour 10-23-2002 03:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
bleble

Puzzdre 10-23-2002 03:41 PM

:confused:

Where's the intake opening? I see it's not inline pump, is the intake opening at the bottom?

g.l.amour 10-23-2002 03:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
sry for the confusion, hope this clears something up...

Puzzdre 10-23-2002 04:00 PM

Uhhhhh, tough one...:(

Puzzdre 10-23-2002 04:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
on the second thought...

icel0rd 10-23-2002 04:25 PM

Now that is what I'm talking about. Eheim reliability in a small form factor!

If I had known about this before i went out pump shopping, I would have bought it. I prefer to run my pumps submerged, so I got a 4x4x4 PVC electrical enclosure and put in a Profin 250 submersible pump. I just removed the housing with the foam filter in it and intake control lever.

Too bad I didn't know about the Eheim. Nice little pump there.

-Ice-

g.l.amour 10-23-2002 04:32 PM

it must be possible to make it inline as i see puzzdre's input. can i feel 'void your warranty' coming somewhere.

at icelord, u couldn't have known, because i have been searching eheim's website, and no info to be found on those pumps. unreal in this internet age to c a product launched, and yet find no evidence online.

Puzzdre 10-23-2002 04:37 PM

LOL!!!

warranty?????:eek: :eek: :confused:

never heard of that...;)

if the price is not too high, it may be worth to try to drill it. Only thing I'm not sure is the impeller holder, where is it (in the middle?). We don't wanna to drill it. Maybe to drill several smaller holes around it:shrug:

just make sure that the intake area of that rectangular opening is the same as new drilled (multi)circular...

Puzzdre 10-23-2002 05:01 PM

That front side of the pump looks detachable for maintenance of the pump...can you post the pic of the front removed and inner side of the front part?

/edit/
If it looks like I think it does, you can use modellers saw to cut three pieces around the impeller holder (something like radioactive sign) and then use the appropriate barb and make three cuts in one end of the barb (like Y upside down) to match the hole in front of impeller. Only thing is that the sealing material must be more than good (because of the force of attached tube, especially pvc, to prevent ripping the barb out).

g.l.amour 10-24-2002 09:48 AM

getting to detach the front housing is real shite, can't seem to pull it off. but, but but, at 23€ this pump is a steal, seeing u got the maxi jet, they are real comparable in the flow area, but superior head for the eheim. so if u got money to burn, pick one up and c what u can do.

Puzzdre 10-24-2002 01:52 PM

I would like to try it, but... recently I got myself one good looking AT big tower, and now I'm thinkin plexy rad, double pump, big momma (thx again for info on Opel!!!), home made flow meter (if I succeed) or indicator, plexy case sides, blue UV dye...:cool:

So my financial construction is closed (pretty tight) for time being.;)

Also, I doubt that I can find some of those new eheims here (for now), and like u said, wait and see for things to improve...:p

g.l.amour 10-24-2002 05:26 PM

patience can sometimes be needed, but boy i don't like it. when u get to it, post some before pics on the case, so i can c it evolve. anyway when u start modding u think u got the money covered buying all the hardware, but then it comes... oops, need some new dremel wheels $$; aahhh, some extra tubing $$; shit did i run out of hose clamps and bolts? $$ WHY DID THIS STUPID DREMEL HAVE TO FAIL AT THE LAST 5 CM $$ and it goes on and on...

to sum it up, i bought the two rads for 25€, got the case for free, and still managed to burn about 350€ after all was finished. incredible, if i'd had to buy a full tower i would have been set back almost 500€. incredible amount for an empty case , and some cooling

Puzzdre 10-24-2002 05:39 PM

LOL,
Yes, I know the feeling...When I was completing my first setup (2 months ago:p ), I decided to put all the expenses on the paper. When I hit approx 150 euro, I stopped, and decided rather not to have hard evidence. :D

Yeah, there's always another one good tool for this and that, one can't go wrong buying it...and the expence of the rig is going sky high...

I didn't start modding the case yet, still brainstorming about component placement and slowly collecting materials needed...
When I start, I'll post the pics, before, after, during and all...
For now, the case just sits on my balcony, so I can measure things several times a day:rolleyes:

g.l.amour 10-24-2002 05:53 PM

hahahah

yeah, i instinctively feel that i should not write everything down. just need to make sure that the bankacount doesn't go sub zero on me.

as with the measuring and all, take your time, getting there is more than half the fun, and what are u gonna do when it's finished? ofcourse we will find some other stuff to mod and break.

really curious, what case did u buy?

off to bed for today :cry:

Puzzdre 10-24-2002 06:06 PM

Quote:

and what are u gonna do when it's finished? ofcourse we will find some other stuff to mod and break.
heh, I really dunno. I thought that I'll stop after I mod my first case (that is, my first wc'ed rig), and now I learned so many things that I'm thinking of selling the case with wc installed, and just start making new one.
Something tells me that that will not be necessarily in that order.:p
So, if I make that second one, think I'll enjoy it for couple of months, than start another...we'll see...

The case is ordinary AT big tower, a little better of quality I would say, some old EScom rig. I got it for 2 x 2 litres of coke. The guy just wanted to get rid of it.

So, now I have the base for modding, everything else will come by itself...:cool:

g.l.amour 10-25-2002 03:05 AM

the best cases in life are free