Pro/Forums

Pro/Forums (http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/index.php)
-   General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion (http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Rad and air conditioner (http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=7342)

NiKnight 07-17-2003 01:55 PM

Rad and air conditioner

If i mounted my rad outside of my case and, say mounted it to a air conditioner unit, would that cause any condensation? It may at the rad itself, but would i see any of that in the rest of the system?

bigben2k 07-17-2003 02:00 PM

*Probably* not.

Assuming that the AC air's temp is near freezing, it would lower the CPU temp by the same measure, by 20 deg C, which would bring it down to ambient.

This is just a guess though, you'll have to actually test it. The CPU idle temp might drop to where condensation would form.

shiltz 07-17-2003 03:08 PM

your temps would fluxuate a lot too, I had checked the temp on the air coming out of my AC, it was anywhere from 34F when the compressor had been running for a bit to 70F when the compressor had been off for a bit.

NiKnight 07-17-2003 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by shiltz
your temps would fluxuate a lot too, I had checked the temp on the air coming out of my AC, it was anywhere from 34F when the compressor had been running for a bit to 70F when the compressor had been off for a bit.
Not my ac heh, i have a very high powerd unit, and it has a setting that maintains the temp comming out of the unit. Have it on medium right now and my room is kept at about 19c.

I guess ill just have to test it out. What could i use to remake the heat my proc would give out withought having to have my pc on?

fafaflowie 07-20-2003 02:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi NiKnight

I have my rad sitting in front of a 5000btu window A/C unit. Works well, right now my temp is 28c while F@H, I have seen it as low as 15c idle.

SinXp 2.4b @ 180 1.575v

fafaflowie 07-20-2003 02:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
idle

NiKnight 07-20-2003 02:18 PM

Awsome! Nice to see that someone else tried it. Any condensation probs? Those temps are great.

fafaflowie 07-20-2003 03:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
yeah at 15c there was condesation, my res was sweating at the end of the loop :) When I go to work I push it away from the A/C alittle incase I dont get a new W/U, and go idle. here is a pic of the setup.
I promise the water isnt as pink as it looks in the pic, the Blue UV dye doesnt show with a flash, and the wetter looks very pink ;)

fafaflowie 07-20-2003 03:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The rad sits on a book on the top drawer of a small file cabinet, so I can push it in, and get less air from the A/C