Pro/Forums

Pro/Forums (http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/index.php)
-   General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion (http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Is this how you bleed a system with a T line? (http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=8226)

Semper Fi 10-26-2003 05:46 AM

Is this how you bleed a system with a T line?

1 Attachment(s)
My bayres seperated at the seam today, oh boy what fun. I took it out and restarted my loop for the 5th time this month with a T line. Here are some pics of it, I just finished. Is this how you are suppose to bleed the system? I have the line at the top of the loop, nothing is higher than it.

Semper Fi 10-26-2003 05:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
another shot

g.l.amour 10-26-2003 03:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
well, since you filled it that way, that means you did a good job. you cold also move the pump in a bucket of water ; let it fill the system, and then connect the intake tube underwater. is a bit faster (but the setup might not allow it).

i do have one issue: you are creating some unnecessary headloss with the long tubing. what's stopping you from doing it like this?

Semper Fi 10-26-2003 05:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I cut out about 2 feet of hose and placed the pump into the drive bay rack. I couldnt get the T junction to fit without kinking the tubing with the pump on the floor of the case. This way I can have minimum hose length, and no kinks. What do you guys think of this?

Semper Fi 10-26-2003 05:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
another shot

g.l.amour 10-27-2003 11:17 AM

nice work, that seems as good as it will get from where i'm standing. i realise that anyway you shift the pump now, will get you problems of kinking. will be a bitch to do a clean pump mount the way it is right now. if you can fix the pump to the drive bay in a non-ghetto way you get an A-grade.

nikhsub1 10-27-2003 12:07 PM

You should lay your case on the motherboard tray side for a while so you can get air out of the rad. Your rad is at the highest point, it may have trapped air in there. By laying it on it's side, you will make the Tee line the highest point, just make sure not to spill out of the Tee line ;)

Semper Fi 10-27-2003 01:07 PM

Ill give that a shot tonite. I had my girlfriend hold the t line while I rotated the case in just about every angle.

amour, Ill take you up on that challenge. I have an idea of how to do this, non-ghetto style. :D

As for the pump, are these things made to run 24/7? I don't want to have to deal with a relay or plugging it in everytime I turn on the system. How long will it last if I just leave it plugged in?

g.l.amour 10-27-2003 02:16 PM

the pump should be okay running 24/7, but u could also do it like myself (lazy sod style) and put the pump on a power block with a switch. that block's got all my pc power plugs connected to it, so there's no chance of switching on the pc without the pump. it just takes the extra step of switching the power block off after killing the pc.

keep us posted with extra pics once you get the setup un-ghettoed. always nice to see a clean setup.

Mindflux 11-15-2003 10:59 PM

Sorry for the noob question. But if you bleed the system that way, how do you cap off or get rid of the extra hosing (where the funnel is). Obviously if there's water in that section of the hose you can't just remove it without making a mess.

Pelayo_Style 11-16-2003 02:09 PM

that Hydor will run 24/7 for sure. mine has been for the past year with no problems.

sephir0th 11-19-2003 12:15 AM

but its pretty loud isnt it?

(Wee first post go me :))

Semper Fi 11-19-2003 03:08 AM

I cant even hear it unless I put my face right next to it.

dogbait 11-19-2003 04:35 AM

Semper Fi, I find a T line takes much longer to bleed a system than a reservoir.

Incidentally, which bayres was it that split on you?

Semper Fi 11-19-2003 03:09 PM

The danger den typhoon quad res. The seam on the side actually seperated spewing water all over the inside of my case and components. The t line only takes about 3 hours to bleed and its much less work.