Pro/Forums

Pro/Forums (http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/index.php)
-   General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion (http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Should I reinstall my water loop? (http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=14184)

thymej 07-05-2007 05:40 PM

Should I reinstall my water loop?

My Current air cooled system:
Asus MB P5LD2-Deluxe (Intel 945P)
3.0MHz Intel Pentium (1 core) the 800FSB version
7600GT video card.
ThermalRight HR-01 heat sink with 120mm fan
2 x 120mm chesses fans
Antec P180 case

Current temps with the air cooling with the HR-01
My PC room in summer = 26C-30C
My CPU at idle = 50C-55C

My average CPU temp is 20-25C above room with the HR-01 plus Antec fan set to medium speed. When the fan is set to high speed (= way to loud) my CPU temps drop 5-10C.

Should I reinstall my water cooling loop to make things less loud and cooler?

I currently have the following water cooling gear:

Apogee CPU block
MCW60 video block
MCP655 pump (D5) (Edited from MCP650 to MCP655)

All I need to get it going again is some tubing (I was thinking of getting norprene tubing) and barbs. I will using Iodine and or 5% Zerex in the DI water if I reinstall it.

I started off wanting to reinstall my water cooling gear again and now I’m questioning if I should after ready the article here named “Water Cooling - Wheres the Magic?”

ThymeJ

*klonk* 07-06-2007 02:18 AM

Re: Should I reinstall my water loop?

Well it's 100% up to you - I'd do it just to have a summer project, but if it runs fine now, theres really no need to do anything about.

Pros: Coolness (in more ways), fun doing it, using the blocks you spent money on. Overclocking a bit. Etc.

Cons: It's running just fine now. (?)

(go for it! :) )

thymej 07-06-2007 10:41 AM

Are my air cooled temps (50c to 55c) for a P4 3GHz 800fzp no OC normal?

Edit,
BTW, about 'Well it's 100% up to you', I just wanted other users thought, like what would you do?

jaydee 07-07-2007 09:55 PM

If you didn't have the gear already I would say it's fine. However you have some nice parts there just as well use them while you can.

thymej 07-08-2007 05:20 PM

Now am looking for a good water flow indicator, home mode or purchased type. Can anyone suggest one?

*klonk* 07-09-2007 05:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well *I* think you should go for it :)

About flow-indicators; I remember someone on this forum who made one out of a stripped 40mm fan and some clear acrylic. Something like the mockup I've attached here. If you want to buy one theres lots of computer (watercooling) sites that sell 'em.