Pro/Forums

Pro/Forums (http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/index.php)
-   General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion (http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   CSP-Mag / multiple blocks ? (http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=11889)

JfRsQ 06-30-2005 12:05 PM

CSP-Mag / multiple blocks ?

Is 1 CSP-Mag with rear inlet would be enough to pump water into this kind of loop? :shrug:

CSP-Mag-- DD TDX64 -- DD Maze4 GPU Acetal -- Bonneville HC (2x120mm) -- CSP-Mag

CPU to cool is an amd64 Venice o/c @~3Ghz, the videocard is a nVidia 6600GT.
I will be using a T-line , no more reservoir for me; thanks God :D I calculated around 3-4 feets of ½" I.D. tubing.

Dave 06-30-2005 01:41 PM

Should be about 4.7-5.3 L/M with DD fittings and 1/2 ID tubing.

Is that enough flow?

Well I think so, but there are many other opinions on this board :D

*Off for the long weekend, and everyone have a good Canada Day tomorrow!

kaotic504 06-30-2005 06:59 PM

that should be more than enough flow. there's a picture of someone w/ a loop similar to that on the forum. you're missing a reservoir or T-line in your loop.

Long Haired Git 06-30-2005 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave
Should be about 4.7-5.3 L/M with DD fittings and 1/2 ID tubing.

Is that enough flow?

Well I think so, but there are many other opinions on this board :D

*Off for the long weekend, and everyone have a good Canada Day tomorrow!

Dave - do you have PQ graphs for these blocks and pump?

JfRsQ 06-30-2005 08:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:(
Quote:

Originally Posted by kaotic504
that should be more than enough flow. there's a picture of someone w/ a loop similar to that on the forum. you're missing a reservoir or T-line in your loop.

I think you missed the end of my post :D

Quote:

I will be using a T-line , no more reservoir for me; thanks God
I think ~5lpm is good enough Dave, my old system had around that, 4-5 l/m.
My old setup was:

Hydor L30 -- DD Maze3 -- DD RadeonBlock -- DD Zchipset -- DD BayRes(the old one with no divider inside) -- Chevy 6x6 Heatercore -- L30
.... and around 9.5 feets of Clearflex60 ½" :dome:

Thanks for your reply guys, I will probably set it up over the next week... Im still waiting for the GPU wb :cry: + a few questions I'm asking myself like:

-Am I better to mount the heatercore with the in/out ports at the bottom or at cpu level?
-Should I use PVC ½ fittings on the pump or brass ones? The brass one can be cleaned and enlarge a bit to make them more +½". My rad got the brass ones with enlarged opening
-With impingements wb like the TDX, I guess I would see better performance if it's straight after the pump, followed by the Maze4GPU than pump-gpu-tdx-rad... right?
-Also got the Nozzle accelerator kit with the TDX... Many reported better performance with #4 in single block application, not sure about dual blocks tho...
-As for the heatercore, I still don't know if Im going to Push-pull(4fans) or pull only(2 fans). I made 2 shrouds anyway. Many told push/pull was a waste of time, tho I always got 2-3C less in push/pull on my old HCore than pulling only.... Pushing is even worst :shrug:
-What's the best place to put the T-Line? Between the radiator and pump inlet, at the highest point ,after last waterblock just before the radiator? So many locations.... :shrug:
Will post pics when I'll be done over the next week... too bad CanadaPost ain't delivering tomorrow

Still on planning....

Dave 07-01-2005 07:01 AM

PQ for blocks, no.
But I have the blocks, about 1000 MAG's and a flow meter :)

I get 5.7 L/M with just the two blocks at 12.8V.

But I don't have your rad, so I am guessing about 0.5 to 1 L/m drop.
This is likely too high, and most rad's are very non-restrictive.

JfRsQ 07-01-2005 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave
PQ for blocks, no.
But I have the blocks, about 1000 MAG's and a flow meter :)

I get 5.7 L/M with just the two blocks at 12.8V.

But I don't have your rad, so I am guessing about 0.5 to 1 L/m drop.
This is likely too high, and most rad's are very non-restrictive.

1000 MAGs? Now I'm wondering why it took 5 weeks to receive one with regular CP shipping, no sign required , no tracking number, nothing :shrug:
If I wouldn't be so honest, I could have complained that I never got mine and c-systems wouldn't even be able to prove that I receive it or not...

Anyway, thanks for the replies Dave. I will feel more confident to use 2 blocks now with this small pump :D
Time to go for Canada's day now, early drinking :p
Is CSP-Mag approved to pump beer today or it would void warranty? ;)