Pro/Forums

Pro/Forums (http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/index.php)
-   Water Block Design / Construction (http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Best push fit tube fittings? (http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=10612)

SysCrusher 09-30-2004 07:14 PM

Best push fit tube fittings?

I'm looking for anyones input on these. Considering getting rid of the barbs for something easier to use and still be reliable. I'm assuming you would have to use the tube inserts for tube of less hardness?

BillA 09-30-2004 07:41 PM

for sure, the flexibility issue

Nota Bene: quite limited negative pressure capability

if cost is not a big issue, look at the systems used by the Europeans
large IDs can be vexing however

SysCrusher 09-30-2004 08:02 PM

3/8" O.D. is as far as i'm going. Bling factor isn't priority. Wondering what is the best for water cooling application. Maybe a pro-view into it. Don't paticularly like the screw compression ones I seen some Euro's use. I checked swiftech but couldn't find anything other one for the pump.

BillA 09-30-2004 08:07 PM

Bruce offers the MCP600 with push fits ?
but they are for 1/2" OD, you could possibly get the pump with just the threaded barbs ?

JFettig 09-30-2004 08:26 PM

Hey, I have some DMs from homedepot, they are pretty good but rather big, I also have some Legris that I got from mcmaster, they are nickel plated brass with black plastic locking peices, Much better looking and lock tube better and they are smaller. overall they rock:)
I dont seem to have the part number off hand.

Jon

BillA 09-30-2004 08:38 PM

you guys thinking on this eh ?

"Nota Bene: quite limited negative pressure capability"

SlaterSpeed 10-01-2004 01:25 AM

Im using Legris polyurthane tubing and nickle plated brass fittings (no crappy plastic collets for me, very bling bling) cant remember who they are made by tho :(

JFettig 10-01-2004 07:13 AM

Bill, you dont like these little guys at all do you;)

Have you ever tried them? becides the possibly small performance decrease or maybe even gain(wich I have seen in my own work) these things rock. You once mentioned that you havent built a pc in a while, now I'm assuming you havnet watercooled one either lately, If you have ever tried routing a couple blocks then tried changing some hardware? its virtually impossible.

or maybe you were out fighting the germans in WWII and still have a grudge;)

Jon

SysCrusher 10-01-2004 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unregistered
you guys thinking on this eh ?

"Nota Bene: quite limited negative pressure capability"

I'v been keeping an eye on that. No luck yet. I might of confused you with the O.D.. I meant 1/2" OD. 3/8" ID although I'm looking for the 3/8"OD as well. Looking to see what I can do with a low flow approach.

I seen the 1/2" OD. fitting for the pump on the site. Atleast I think I did.

Edit: Nope, what i seen was for the Eheim 1048 pump.

Everything I found so far has a decent pressure rating but nothing for the negative side of things.

SysCrusher 10-01-2004 04:18 PM

The best I could find, mcmasters has only vacum rated at 29.5" Hg @ 72° F. My knowlege stops there.