Pro/Forums

Pro/Forums (http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/index.php)
-   General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion (http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Putting WhiteWater Back Together, Help! (http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=6827)

Sproket 05-30-2003 01:32 PM

Putting WhiteWater Back Together, Help!

I took apart the block b/c the was something stuck in channels. Well Im not sure I have it put back right.
Can you help?
I know about the 3 little dots on the side, but Im not sure how the center piece sits.

Thanks

jaydee 05-30-2003 05:33 PM

Next time run a line down the side of the block with a marker. Then match the lines up on the peices. ;)

Can't figure out exactly why it would be a challenge to figure out how to put it back together so I can't really help.

Sproket 05-30-2003 06:07 PM

I did think about that but I said to myself I will remember, then someone interupted me. S h i t...
The only thing that matters is if you dont put the center piece in right then the impingment (spelling) jet wont be over the cpu core exactly. Could vary by a couple of degree.
Thats why Cather put 3 little dots on side of block to mount properly.

Most pics show it being a little to the right when you look down the center tube.

jaydee 05-30-2003 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sproket
I did think about that but I said to myself I will remember, then someone interupted me. S h i t...
The only thing that matters is if you dont put the center piece in right then the impingment (spelling) jet wont be over the cpu core exactly. Could vary by a couple of degree.
Thats why Cather put 3 little dots on side of block to mount properly.

Most pics show it being a little to the right when you look down the center tube.

I think you just answered your own question. If not then figure out which side the CPU is offset and turn the middle plate to match.

Sproket 05-30-2003 06:41 PM

Yeah I was going to measure it when I get home.
I was just curious if someone new why I was at work.
Thanks

Since87 05-30-2003 06:47 PM

Aren't the three dots on the middle plate?

I believe the top and bottom plates are symmetrical, so their orientation doesn't matter.

The nozzle plate needs to be installed with the chamfered side of the nozzle towards the barb plate.

Or is the question which end goes towards the socket's lever? In that case it is the dotted end.

Cathar 05-30-2003 07:31 PM

Since87 has it.

Very hard to get it wrong.

Chamfered side of the nozzle facing up, away from the channels, and facing towards the top plate with the barbs.

Once you do that, it doesn't matter. The middle plate is the one with the 3 dots on it, because the middle plate is the asymmetrical piece. The other two pieces are symmetrical and so don't care which way they go. Once you assemble it, the 3 dots naturally tell you which way to mount it, being with the 3 dots to the side with the mounting lever.

Quote:

I was just curious if someone new why I was at work.
Because it pays it money to live, and gives one's life some form of meaning and purpose. ;)

shroomer 05-31-2003 01:17 AM

Where do you work that gives you meaning and purpose? Ugh!

I thought Meaning and purpose was to work as little as possible!

:D

utabintarbo 05-31-2003 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by shroomer
Where do you work that gives you meaning and purpose? Ugh!

I thought Meaning and purpose was to work as little as possible!

:D

Sounds like someone from Ohio.

Oh.

Yeah.

Sproket 05-31-2003 11:09 PM

yeah I figured it out, but I was anxious to get it figured out when I was at work. I actually had some hair and lent ball blocking water flow in a channel. Performance did not suffer but the water flow was 70% less!

There goes to show you What A Great Block!

Thanks Stew

Cathar 05-31-2003 11:32 PM

In future, sometimes it's easier to just blow the stuff out.

Put your finger over one exit barb, and blow hard in the other exit barb. The change-over and do the same with the xit barbs swapped around.

This is usually enough to blow lint and fluff out without having to disassemble.

Lint/fluff rarely gets stuck in the actual channels, it just sits on top of the channels under the inlet, and blowing backwards through the block is enough to get it out.

Mercury 06-01-2003 01:29 AM

cather, i was wondering... how do these people already have WW blocks!? im very anxious to build my dtek system, but i have to wait half a month cause i want the WW instead of the tc-4. is there any way you can hook me up for a pre-release one? :D

nikhsub1 06-01-2003 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mercury
cather, i was wondering... how do these people already have WW blocks!? im very anxious to build my dtek system, but i have to wait half a month cause i want the WW instead of the tc-4. is there any way you can hook me up for a pre-release one? :D
Cathar made about 150 blocks himself, he started selling them in around October of last year. He has long since stopped producing them himself, he has turned it over to D-Tek. So, no, you can not get a block from him.