Pro/Forums

Pro/Forums (http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/index.php)
-   General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion (http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   1 Big Loop VS 2 Loops? (http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=15530)

shunail 04-27-2010 11:01 PM

1 Big Loop VS 2 Loops?

Here is what I have. Laing DDC DDCT-01s pump, EK-RES250 reservoir and Thermochill Pa 120.2 Dual 120MM and Thermochill Pa 120.3 Dual 120MM connecting:

Res => Pump =>CPU => 8800GTX => 8800GTX => Rad 120.3 => Rad 120.2 =>Res.

Now that I'm upgrading my Board and CPU, I thought EK-Bay Spin Reservoir would look cool in front bay. I've 2 of these Laing DDC DDCT pumps (petra tech's). What should I do to utilize this EK bay res and pump (not necessarily both, but one if is enough like it is now). Since EK-Bay Spin has three outlet, I was thinking atleast using to outlets straight like

PUMP
^
||

Reservoir Out1 => CPU => Rad 120.2 =>Res

Reservoir Out2 => GPU => GPU = Rad 120.3 =>Res

or should keep it same as before and keep 2 other outlets blocked? :hammer:

shunail 04-28-2010 11:50 AM

Re: 1 Big Loop VS 2 Loops?

May be I wasn't clear... no replies???

well, alternatively what I was thinking is

Res => PUMP => CPU => Small Rad and back to Res.

Res => PUMP => GPU1 => GPU2 = Big Rad and back to Res

where back to Res with Y-Plug since Res has only 1 inlet. So both Radiators outlets to 1 inlet of Reservoir.

Since CPU to GPU 1, water may become hot and from GPU1 to GPU2, it become even more hot so the GPU2 (poor thing) is taking the most heat Smile

What do you think?

Single (big) loop is simple and easy and I think 1 pump should be sufficient also...

arkon 05-04-2010 06:59 AM

Hi,

If you mix the water (by both loops going through the same reservoir), the water will eventually reach thermal equilibrium, and it won't matter much what configuration of rads you use.

Use dual (two completely separate) loops - or maybe I don't understand your proposed config. :uhh:

4rkon

billbartuska 05-04-2010 08:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by shunail (Post 172621)
May be I wasn't clear... no replies???

Since CPU to GPU 1, water may become hot and from GPU1 to GPU2, it become even more hot so the GPU2 (poor thing) is taking the most heat Smile

What do you think?

You always come out worse with a wye splitter.

You loose much more cooling due to lower flow rate than you gain by cooler water.

The tempreature anywhere in a loop won't vary by more than 1°c (more likely 0.25°c).