Pro/Forums

Pro/Forums (http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/index.php)
-   Cooling News From Around The Web (http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   New Water Block from AquaExtream (Cooltechnica) (http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=12103)

jaydee 09-05-2005 12:34 AM

2 Attachment(s)
TDX added in. I got 2.9 for the max flow on it.

Cathar 09-05-2005 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaydee
TDX added in. I got 2.9 for the max flow on it.

What nozzle plate is installed on the TDX?

Etacovda 09-05-2005 02:00 AM

"N02 X Nozzle Accelarator Mid Plate made out of clear acrylic"

might want to spell check your site, bruce :P

jaydee 09-05-2005 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cathar
What nozzle plate is installed on the TDX?

The #1 nozzle. I don't have the rest of them.

dacooltech 09-05-2005 10:57 AM

Quote:

As your Nozzle 1 results show, can get some rather impressive lowish-flow performance by making a block/jet super-restrictive

N01 nozzle is the slit Stew... Jets is N03 nozzle...
surprising right?

dacooltech 09-05-2005 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Etacovda
"N02 X Nozzle Accelarator Mid Plate made out of clear acrylic"

might want to spell check your site, bruce :P

thanks for the heads up Eta

jaydee 09-05-2005 02:30 PM

2 Attachment(s)
And the WWLE added in.

Roscal 09-05-2005 03:13 PM

JD, you have strange points on your curves, not monotonous aspect... (WWLE principally)

jaydee 09-05-2005 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roscal
JD, you have strange points on your curves, not monotonous aspect... (WWLE principally)

Yeah, I have seen similar on pH's results. Probably slight in accuracy with the flow meter.

I am going to re-run all these tests again later.

jaydee 09-05-2005 04:03 PM

Hehe... If you don't like that little error in the graph your really not going to like my home made dP meter results. :D

EDIT: Well scratch that. I was going to build a manometer on both sides of the block but after some calcualtions I would need about 140" of tubing just on the vertical rise..... Bah....

Cathar 09-05-2005 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dacooltech
N01 nozzle is the slit Stew... Jets is N03 nozzle...
surprising right?

I'm aware which was which, and no, not surprising at all.

Slit nozzle forces most of the flow centrally to flow through the entire grid array, while the jet distribution allows qute a deal of the flow to to enter closer to the edges of the grid array resulting in low water velocities throud the grid proper.

The array is so dense that I personally don't believe that the jet impingement effect is doing a whole lot given the size of the jet nozzles (0.9mm) vs the channel size (0.5mm).

Just my subjective assessment. I could be wrong.

pHaestus 09-05-2005 06:13 PM

Probably not completely at steady state for that point .

jaydee 09-05-2005 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pHaestus
Probably not completely at steady state for that point .

Could be.

I decided to re-build the test bench anyway. To many little issues with what I got. I am going to start a new thread about it here in a bit and hope to get some input from ProCooling members.

I also have to setup a better procedure to follow as well. More detailed in other words.

Don't get me wrong though, I believe the results posted above should be pretty representative of relative performance.

pHaestus 09-05-2005 08:59 PM

How's your machining capacity at the moment? I still need to get my die sim built, but haven't 100% decided how to put the 2 temp probes into the die yet.

jaydee 09-05-2005 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pHaestus
How's your machining capacity at the moment? I still need to get my die sim built, but haven't 100% decided how to put the 2 temp probes into the die yet.

Good to go. Give me a design to work with an I can see what I can do.

jaydee 09-09-2005 08:17 PM

I just figured out why my results seem high for a 11mm die and 70watts. I switched from the Radio Shack Thermal Compund stuff to a Silver compound and temps dropped considerably. Over 4C at this point in the warm up. Anyway I will be re-testing these blocks and more this weekend. Not like I have a life right now anyway. :D

mwolfman 09-15-2005 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaydee
With the mill I have been building on the side I think I can make some decent blocks with it....

Any pictures? Plans?

Total cost so far?

jaydee 09-15-2005 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mwolfman
Any pictures? Plans?

Total cost so far?

The thread:http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/sho...light=score%21

Some were along the lines the pics got removed from my server. Not sure if I still have the pics or not.

dacooltech 09-16-2005 05:21 PM

Quote:

I'm aware which was which, and no, not surprising at all.

Slit nozzle forces most of the flow centrally to flow through the entire grid array, while the jet distribution allows qute a deal of the flow to to enter closer to the edges of the grid array resulting in low water velocities throud the grid proper.

I tried the Slit nozzle positioned both vertically (ie WW nozzle) and horizantally on the grid, and was expecting a better result with the N01 Slit (placed horizontally) @ low flow but not expecting that much difference to be honest... So I was surprised :)

Quote:

The array is so dense that I personally don't believe that the jet impingement effect is doing a whole lot given the size of the jet nozzles (0.9mm) vs the channel size (0.5mm).

Just my subjective assessment. I could be wrong.
I think you're right... and have couple ideas hoping that will improve the jet impingement effect... Involves integration of cups (cups + micro-pins)...

Actually I made 2x micro-pin + cups BP and 3x jet mid plate protos, but couldn't find the time to test them yet...

Also completed the CAD drawing of a new design and will hopefully find the time to make a proto...

My wife has given birth to our 2nd son, so it's both a happy and hectic time lol :)

nikhsub1 09-16-2005 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dacooltech

My wife has given birth to our 2nd son, so it's both a happy and hectic time lol :)

Congrats Bruce! WTF are you doing here? LMAO. Go be a daddy!

dacooltech 09-16-2005 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikhsub1
Congrats Bruce! WTF are you doing here? LMAO. Go be a daddy!

Thanks Scott ... ok ok i'm gone lol :D

jaydee 10-23-2005 08:54 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are some more results with my ever improving test bench. Still no dP data but have the dP transmitter. Just need some equipment to get a reading from it and plumb it.
Will be my last results with this die sim as well. Make sure to note the data is in LITERS per minute and not gallons per minute. The Swissflow flow meter sure helped to straiten out the graphs.