Pro/Forums

Pro/Forums (http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/index.php)
-   General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion (http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   First Ever Pic Of Maze3 (http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=2545)

Brad 03-22-2002 01:04 AM

First Ever Pic Of Maze3

http://brad.procooling.com/Maze3prototype.gif

can be straight water or single pelt
expect roughly same pricing as the maze 2

will be ready for sale next week, the lazer cut tops need to come in, but there is ample supply of the blocks themselves.

personally I quite like it, the texturing on the bottom, the triangle over the core, all seems really really cool.

btw, I'm the first person outside of DDen to see it, and the next person to see this thread is the 2nd person. Consider it a privilage

Haddy 03-22-2002 01:07 AM

must c more! plus temps!

Jason-Pro 03-22-2002 01:08 AM

already wana order one !

Brad 03-22-2002 01:10 AM

haddy, wait a week for some more. Joe will test it surely

jason, I'm sure you'll be like the first person to get one ;)

Jason-Pro 03-22-2002 01:28 AM

na :( den said gotta wait till they come out. but as soon as the page is updated order is mine !! lol :)

Marco 03-22-2002 02:04 AM

Looks innovative. What are the principles that inspired that unusual design? I thinking the engraved track is meant to increase turbulence? Does the shape have any scientific backing or is it mainly aesthetic?

joeyd 03-22-2002 02:28 AM

two questions brad

1. Is it smaller than the maze 2 (would love it if it was the maze hits my nb fan)

2. Does it use a clamp like the maze c's do or is it just through the motherboard like the maze 2(asking cause newer boards might not have the 4 holes and don't want to buy something that can't stay with my system for at least a year)

Kevin 03-22-2002 03:10 AM

Re: First Ever Pic Of Maze3

Quote:

Originally posted by Brad
Consider it a privilage
Uh... okay.

Is that block in your posession? It looks hot.
-Kev

Haddy 03-22-2002 03:27 AM

grr looks like 3/8th fittings.....

Mankul 03-22-2002 03:41 AM

I wonder what is te height of the block.... would it be as deep as the spir@l core... how would be the performance like compared to the spir@l core....

The q for spir@l core is too long... might settle for this since it usesthe same clear top concept...

ablaze 03-22-2002 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mankul
I wonder what is te height of the block.... would it be as deep as the spir@l core... how would be the performance like compared to the spir@l core....

The q for spir@l core is too long... might settle for this since it usesthe same clear top concept...

mankul! you're here too! :D

Brad 03-22-2002 05:26 AM

marco, I don't know why they came up with that design, but it is quite unique. The bottom is designed to increase turbulance and to make sure there is no boundary area of slow moving water

joey, it is 50mm wide, and looks to be 70 - 80mm long. the maze2 is 50mm x 80mm too. if you want something that doesn't touch the NB, go to the maze1. It does use the 4 holes, but I believe that many enthusiast motherboard manufacturer's will keep the holes anyway, just to please us. if everyone close them up, but say chaintech had them still there, I'm sure that chaintech would suddenly be elevated to top dawg. then all the other mobo makers would put the holes back in.

kev, nahh thats the very first out of dden, it's in the USA right now. Jason should be getting one of the first out there though

haddy, just like the maze2, I'm sure they will offer 3/8 and 1/2 versions

mankul, it is much thinner than the spiral, I think the spiral is over 3/4", while this looks to be 5/8". I think this will take a lot of orders off the spiral, cause it has the clear top too.

Cyco-Dude 03-22-2002 08:56 AM

lol, figures, and i just ordered a Maze2.
hope it performs as good as it looks!

pHaestus 03-22-2002 09:09 AM

Yay! The mounting bolts won't be a pain in the ass with 1/2" silicone anymore due to improved location of the outlet!

jaydee 03-22-2002 09:27 AM

I was working on something similar at one point. Here is a pic of the DFX:

http://www.dorrellco.com/experiment1.jpg

The outside green loop would be where the O ring would go. The inside green and yellow are the tool paths, the black is the channel walls. and in the inlet it would have 3 towers to spread the heat and add a little surface area.

I like the Maze 3, Looks sharp, bet it works good to.

kemical 03-22-2002 09:28 AM

If it performs as well as the maze2 without the mounting issues, im buying one for that alone. :p

edit** I wonder if my coldplate from my maze2-1 will fit with the maze3?

UnaClocker 03-22-2002 09:49 AM

Wow, I haven't seen a waterblock that looked that good since my old Silver block.. Man, can I get a 1600x1200 copy of that for my desktop background? :) hehe.. Looks like it will perform really well. I'm sure DDen ran a bunch of designs through their paces before deciding on this one, it's been ages since they released a new block. Very cool. And to the guy that cried over the 3/8" fittings, those passages look fat enough for you to use 5/8" fittings..

pHaestus 03-22-2002 10:29 AM

If it can handle 3/8" NPT fittings I will buy one most likely to move forward with my switch to 5/8" fittings. If not then I am gonna pick up a custom block from #rotor :)

Jason-Pro 03-22-2002 10:58 AM

I was talking DEN a tad bit about it.
he said so far its only available with a plexi top. but will be available with anodized aluminum top later on i guess.

other then that its also gonna be sold with a coldplate. same as the maze 2 not sure if its the same coldplate tho cause that wb is a tad smaller i belive.

ill let you know when mine comes :)

ambient 03-22-2002 12:35 PM

i'm buyin that beyatch ;)

Brad 03-22-2002 02:46 PM

I'm glad everyone likes it, Den was really nervous about it last night. I think everyone was expecting to see another big block which was only a development of the maze1/1c/2 where infact it is quite differant.

Jim 03-22-2002 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by pHaestus
Yay! The mounting bolts won't be a pain in the ass with 1/2" silicone anymore due to improved location of the outlet!
Excellent insight pHaestus, a pain it is for sure!

I wonder why another design was created when the Spir@l was suppose to be the nuts?

Jim

Brad 03-22-2002 03:01 PM

cause they didn't want to be seen copying the spir@l

Jim 03-22-2002 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Brad
cause they didn't want to be seen copying the spir@l
Ok.

For some reason I though Danger Den sold the Spir@l, but after checking it is D-Tek that does. Duh...

Next week these will be available, nice!

kemical,
What issues did you have mounting the Maze2, other than the 1/2" lines interferring with the mounting hardware?

Jim

Kevin 03-22-2002 04:20 PM

[top secret info]Do you guys know why the color is so much more different than in past copper blocks?[/top secret]

Well... I don't even know. I can tell you that it is not an alloy or any different than in the past. I've only been told by DD that they "did a little something different." I'll try and squeeze more info out of 'em.

-Kev