Pro/Forums

Pro/Forums (http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/index.php)
-   Random Nonsense / Geek Stuff (http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Wrtion 2 pcs at the same time (http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=9877)

satanicoo 06-24-2004 08:53 AM

Wrtion 2 pcs at the same time

Hello fellows Procoolingans (LOL)
I am here asking you if you know of a way to, when i type on a keyboard, i am typing on reallity on 2 keyboards at the same time.

Well, do you gentleman? :)

iroc409 06-24-2004 12:31 PM

lol... try a keyboard splitter... if they're the same, you might get away with it :)

otherwise you might look at one of those kvms that you can run multiple monitor/keyboard setups off the same machine (instead of multiple machines off one keyboard). i think they're a little pricey though, and i'm not sure if they can be used at the same time (should be).

if you're trying for ergonomics though, why don't you go with a natural or some of the more fancy keyboards? they're well worth the price. but i dunno what you're trying to do :)

killernoodle 06-24-2004 01:24 PM

I think he wants to run 2 comps at the same time with one keyboard... but I cant be certain either.

satanicoo 06-24-2004 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killernoodle
I think he wants to run 2 comps at the same time with one keyboard... but I cant be certain either.

Exacly. And mouse also if possible.

ymboc 06-24-2004 07:01 PM

Assuming you dont want to input to both computers simultaneously.... (somehow I think that's what you asked but not what you meant)..... what you want is a KVM

I recommend aten/iogear .... but be carefull not all support fancy mice and keyboards perfectly (eg: I lose the use of my extra buttons on my mouse, but the scroller still works). However, there are some 'mp' kvms that do.

CHeers

satanicoo 06-24-2004 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ymboc
Assuming you dont want to input to both computers simultaneously....

Thats EXACLY what i want!
Cheers!

ymboc 06-24-2004 07:40 PM

dare I ask why?

Aside: I'm having a fun time imagining some humorous if hideous mechanical devices to accomplish literally what you asked.

satanicoo 06-24-2004 08:18 PM

Dunno its for a friend! :D

Arcturius 06-24-2004 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satanicoo
Dunno its for a friend! :D

Your 'friend' wants to play UT2K4 and go around gunning ppl down next to his clone, doesn't he? ;p

satanicoo 06-25-2004 02:19 AM

He does presentations, to ppl that pay to do them.

Well thats what he says, maybe it is UT2K4 that he wants :)

cristoff 07-01-2004 02:14 PM

KVM's