Pro/Forums

Pro/Forums (http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/index.php)
-   General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion (http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Block JetStream MK1 (http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=4982)

antio 11-19-2002 02:07 AM

New Block JetStream MK1

1 Attachment(s)
Hello Gents. Here are the rendered (poorly hehe) drawings of my upcoming block. Specs: 2mm copper base, alum body, 5/8s quick release fittings, 1mm internal fins. Non Peltier design. Will include special mount (drawings coming soon!) Send the feedback.. I know you're dying to!

antio 11-19-2002 02:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Pic #2

antio 11-19-2002 02:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Pic #3

antio 11-19-2002 02:15 AM

Excuse my error. Fittings are 3/8s not 5/8's Sorry!

morephyous 11-19-2002 02:21 AM

That looks good, bit like an idea I had several months ago of using a V45 degree inlet / outlet.

mfpmax 11-19-2002 02:35 AM

you weren't inspired by this by any chance?

And when are we gonna see a prototype.

MadDogMe 11-19-2002 03:34 AM

Most blocks are the size they are because of the holddown, making it the same size (or part of it) the same size as the footprint of the mobo holes is easyest.

Nice design, I'd prefer the 5/8 you originaly said thogh :D . with a nozzle lowering the inner diametre down to the optimal size for the pump used's pressure...

jamicon 11-19-2002 04:34 AM

Nice, i wanted to do a block like that, but i have no money :(

bigben2k 11-19-2002 09:25 AM

Re: New Block JetStream MK1

Quote:

Originally posted by antio
Hello Gents. Here are the rendered (poorly hehe) drawings of my upcoming block. Specs: 2mm copper base, alum body, 5/8s quick release fittings, 1mm internal fins. Non Peltier design. Will include special mount (drawings coming soon!) Send the feedback.. I know you're dying to!
First off, mixing copper and Aluminium is a bad idea, because you will have galvanic corrosion.

Second, if you lowered the angle of the barbs (quick-connect fittings) a bit more, it would be less restrictive.

Third, your fittings are too small. No one uses 3/8 anymore. Go to 1/2.

#4: you want to force the flow across the fins, not above them, or near the top. You need to tweak the shape of the inner chamber a bit more.

Still, nice work. Looking forward to seeing the mount!

antio 11-19-2002 10:35 AM

Great feedback Guys. Mixing copper and aluminum is fine if you take care of the electrolites (Swiftech uses both) As for 1/2 inch barbs... a version will arrive with those specs. I could lay the angles down some and see how that works. Also thanks for the link to that other design... very similar! Glad to see im not the only nut!

Nick C 11-20-2002 01:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
that thread appears to be rather dead, so I'm gonna post it in this thread

this isn't a "reduces WB size" design, it just incoporates the 45 degree idea.:shrug:

Nick C 11-20-2002 01:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
well i guess it won't let me have two images in apost... heres the base...

As you can tell it needs some refinement, but this was to kinda get the conectpt out there.

I think I may actually build the block, making the top outta brass since I have a bunch of that

bigben2k 11-20-2002 08:51 AM

That's not bad, Nick C.

Antio, mixing isn't a problem for Swiftech because the Aluminium is anodized. Are you going to anodize your Aluminium? If you do, there are a few people here who would like to do the same.

antio 11-20-2002 04:42 PM

Indeed Anodizing is at the top of the list. :)