Pro/Forums

Pro/Forums (http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/index.php)
-   Water Block Design / Construction (http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Another Full Cover WB (http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=11681)

Eddy_EK 05-06-2005 05:28 PM

Another Full Cover WB

6 Attachment(s)
The idea for GF6800 WB came itself.
I like GeForces because of one-side placed rams and therefore I find it easyer to construct and make WB to cover the rams.
I got the inovatek WB few days ago in my hands and I took the distances between holes for mounting the WB.
The concept of WB is that where the high preformance coling isn't needed (rams) I will use aluminium. And for GPU processor I will use copper. The combination of material is mostly for the weight reduction and easier to work with.
The aluminium part of the WB is (will be) eloxed, therefore there will bo no conflicts with copper. The silicon gasket is used for sealing between copper and aluminium. It is resistant on temperatures till 250°C.
The block weights 405 g.

Any comments... :)

El]v[0IsEv1L 05-06-2005 05:58 PM

Did you make that yourself?

If so I think you're the person I'm looking for to design a waterblock. I do not have the gear to do it myself. Of course I'd pay for it... ;)

jaydee 05-06-2005 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El]v[0IsEv1L
Did you make that yourself?

If so I think you're the person I'm looking for to design a waterblock. I do not have the gear to do it myself. Of course I'd pay for it... ;)

His website: http://www.cerkovnik.si/indexh2o_e.htm Not from the USA or Canada.

Nice machine work. I assume eloxed is the same thing as Anodized?

El]v[0IsEv1L 05-06-2005 06:43 PM

Woah.... Canadian Dollar is worth soo much compared to SIT...

It works out to $55 CAN for the GPU block and $89 for the CPU block.

And they look of high quality.

How do I buy from your site dude?

And can you make a GPU block for an x800XT/x800 Pro like the one above? I'm not a cheap person... I'd buy one if you'd be able to make one... :)

I'm interested in the EK-MCW-SE for P4 478 (the nickel plated one) for 2,500 SIT (83.22CAD). And if you can a modified x800XT/Pro block.

jman1310 05-06-2005 07:24 PM

exquisite :)

pHaestus 05-06-2005 08:03 PM

That's clever. Is there good evidence that wcing the ram does better ocwise than just wcing the GPU?

El]v[0IsEv1L 05-06-2005 08:25 PM

On those cards just ramsinks end up offering a boost in memory overclocking. The x800 and 6800 series have powerful memory (GDR3) that heats up when overclocked but runs surprisingly cool when running stock.

tex707 05-07-2005 02:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddy_EK
The idea for GF6800 WB came itself.
I like GeForces because of one-side placed rams and therefore I find it easyer to construct and make WB to cover the rams.
I got the inovatek WB few days ago in my hands and I took the distances between holes for mounting the WB.
The concept of WB is that where the high preformance coling isn't needed (rams) I will use aluminium. And for GPU processor I will use copper. The combination of material is mostly for the weight reduction and easier to work with.
The aluminium part of the WB is (will be) eloxed, therefore there will bo no conflicts with copper. The silicon gasket is used for sealing between copper and aluminium. It is resistant on temperatures till 250°C.
The block weights 405 g.

It looks like an excellent engineering AND machining job! I was always wondering about the precision of the design necessary to make a perfect contact with both GPU and memory at the same time.

About the copper GPU cooling part...I was using the same pattern of channels in my previous project, pretty long ago (see the attachment). Of course, it is more efficient when the water enters the grooves vertically, but I suppose that could not be easily achieved in this case.

FL3JM 05-07-2005 09:16 AM

O_o

How does one buy from your website?? :shrug:
I want to order lots o stuff lol, thats some nice stuff you got there, and an extremely good price aswell!
I've never seen any 12mm push-in fittings, really nice that you have that kind of rare stuff. ^^
Is all your stuff made for 12mm OD tubes (1/2" OD)?
And can/will you make a GF6800 WB for SLI mode setups?

Keep up the great work!

By the way, you need to work on your site hehe, some pages are in slovenian, and my slovenian isnt that good! :D

El]v[0IsEv1L 05-07-2005 09:27 AM

I'm looking for 1/2" ID tubing... I've already emailed him about prices and they're REALLY good.

Basically.. with shipping I'm getting his EK-MCW-SE and his Reservoir 120 and the total comes to $125,59 CAD (that's the nickel plated block I love the bling effect).

That's shipping from Slovenia to Canada included... really good prices.

I hope he takes Paypal.

Eddy_EK 05-07-2005 10:39 AM

Yes, I know about the website...
I don't have enought time to translate it.
But I am planning it... :)
Please contact me by e-mail or PM.

The barbs are included in price in all blocks.
I am giving priority to the 1/2" ID tubing barbs, and I sell 98% WB with these barbs.

I think that SLI mode will be no problem to that WB.

Tex: Yes, I have found myself that wave channels make better cooling :)

Moto7451 05-07-2005 05:41 PM

Very slick looking.

bigben2k 05-08-2005 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddy_EK
...The aluminium part of the WB is (will be) eloxed, therefore there will bo no conflicts with copper. ...

"eloxed"? Please elaborate!

Eddy_EK 05-08-2005 02:55 PM

Yes, it will be covered with thin layer od aluminium oxide.

Right now I am thinking to nickel plate it, beacuse I got comments, that eloxation will not be good enought on long term.

JFettig 05-08-2005 05:15 PM

Eddy, you need to be careful what you plate the aluminum with, especially if the plating scratches or cracks. I dont know off hand what metal combinations will do this exactly, but you need to make sure its not doing an electrolitic reaction like copper and aluminum does.

Jon

starbuck3733t 05-08-2005 07:44 PM

I don't even see this particular gfx block on his site!

Link me please ;)

flatline 05-08-2005 07:58 PM

same block in derlin with 3 cut outs not 1 with smaller copper "ram sinks" inserted as you have the 1st ??? just an idea

nice work by the way

starbuck3733t 05-08-2005 08:30 PM

That's a really friggin good idea!

El]v[0IsEv1L 05-08-2005 09:05 PM

Eddy you really gotta add Paypal as a way to pay. Us Westerner's would love your blocks.. :)

Eddy_EK 05-09-2005 04:06 AM

El]v[0IsEv1L: I'm sorry, but I can't use paypal in my Country. Please find another money transfer...
I think it would be possoble to use Moneybookers.

El]v[0IsEv1L 05-09-2005 11:56 AM

Just created an account there.. :)

FL3JM 05-10-2005 06:59 PM

What i ment with an SLI edition is something similar to the DD 6800 Waterblock that was adapted to SLI like in this picture:
http://www.dangerdenstore.com/produc...hp?imageid=290
They move the inlet to the top of the block and plug the standard inlet, then they put the inlet on the second block on top aswell, so the outlet of the upper block conects with the block under.
I really like that layout even if i wont run it in SLI, its nice to have one inlet on top and one under. :)

Btw, how much will this WB cost and when will it be available on your site?
Im highly interested in buying one of these along with some other stuff on your website.
Do you have a bank account that one can send the cash to directly?

Are you planning on making some nice HD cooler in the future? One that cools the HD and makes it silent aswell? That would kick ass anyway... :)

Cheers!

Eddy_EK 05-11-2005 01:59 AM

FL3JM: I think that could be made...
Todaj I am going to company that has galvanization for aluminium cover/protection. I think the WB and its price will be finnished/known not later than in a week time.
For money transfer please contact me by mail. The directly transaction can not be made, sorry.

JFettig 05-11-2005 07:18 AM

Eddy, Galvanization will protect the aluminum, but it will corrode the zinc, and while its corroding the zinc it will make a mess of the water.

Jon

Eddy_EK 05-11-2005 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFettig
Eddy, Galvanization will protect the aluminum, but it will corrode the zinc, and while its corroding the zinc it will make a mess of the water.

The aluminium will be covered with nickel not with zinc. Therefore no corrosion will be present. ;)