Pro/Forums

Pro/Forums (http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/index.php)
-   Reseller/Vendor Ratings (http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   your thoughs on newegg (http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=3459)

Aridmoose 06-13-2002 08:41 PM

your thoughs on newegg

Anyone have an opinion on newegg? They seem to have good prices, and all that pieces of hardware i'm looking for, so I want to make a big purchase there soon. I know it's not the best reference, but they seem to have good reviews from users on their own site, but that's their own site...

WebMasta33 06-13-2002 10:03 PM

Ordered from them MORE than 10 times. They usually get my shipment out the day of the order if I order before 1:00pm.

I've never had a complaint about Newegg, I love their prices and service.

jtroutma 06-20-2002 06:27 PM

Newegg = GREAT!

I have made dozens of purchases from them. Everything from RAM to Barebone cases; not a single complaint about them yet. Not to mention that FedEx shipping is cheap there and I usually get my stuff in less than 48hours! Sometimes only 24hours!! (but then again, I live only 300 miles away :) )

Have yet to find a vendor that can truely compete with their prices on a full system order.

resago 06-25-2002 09:10 PM

RMA's are painless as well, I buy at least $5000 of stuff every month from them.

Hallis 07-08-2002 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by resago
RMA's are painless as well, I buy at least $5000 of stuff every month from them.

I want to come work where you work.

BubbaWilly 07-09-2002 07:38 PM

Great company. I have ordered a great deal from this company (I think I've placed 6 orders in the past month) and never had any problems. I've RMA'd 3 items to date (in the just shipped #3 yesterday) and the process is fast, easy, and painless. They even took back a video card that was out of their warranty period. Completely solid company.

Can O' Beans 08-06-2002 02:43 AM

I've ordered from them a few times & have only had a problem with them ONCE.

I ordered a NEW case, but I got a very slightly used case. It had been opened, all the screws & slot covers were missing & the standoffs were already in the MB tray, and it was missing the backplate. I shrugged it off since I have a lot of this stuff in my "extra pc parts box" .

icel0rd 09-20-2002 03:48 PM

Newegg is my first online vendor choice. They have a solid reputation. I just received a new mobo and cpu from them.

I did order a retail cpu from them and they sent me an OEM, but I could care less. If I really cared, I could have called and they would have rectified the issue without any question.

I love Newegg. A+ shop if you ask me.

Ice

bytesyzed 12-02-2002 11:48 AM

Another thumbs up for NewEgg here. I've ordered from them probably around 15-20 times and I've never had a problem with their service. They're quick and prompt and treat their customers very well (they'll usually return your emails in the same day).

iroc409 12-07-2002 09:25 PM

yah, i checked them out on bizrate, and decided to order from them. their prices are good, although maybe just *slightly* above the regular pricewatch specials, but it's worth it for service (learned that very much in the car buz).

overall, i will most likely make most of my future purchases from them. great store. btw, they delivered my stuff fast and well-shipped, and no problems.

Ice Czar 05-14-2003 03:22 PM

Always had great transactions with newegg
One of my most trusted sources
Just be sure to read and abide by the terms
(and some items have special terms)

satanicoo 09-08-2003 03:48 PM

Only wished they shipped to portugal...

Not yet.

Joe 09-08-2003 04:05 PM

only issue I have is their customer reviews of products are heavily censored against any ill word's against newegg or the products... for a "review" I would expect no bias.. but it seems newegg has another term they use for "reviews" its called "free filtered advertisements"

cybrsamurai 09-08-2003 04:15 PM

I use Newegg for almost all of my computer parts. I have only had one problem with them and it was the fault of the Post Office not new egg on an RMA. Best online retailer IMO

koslov 04-16-2004 04:30 AM

I've placed about a dozen orders from newegg, did one RMA. They handled the RMA well, and they always ship extremely quickly. I have bought refurb'd gear from them that has worked perfectly. Their prices are always excellent.

As per their reviews, it's a nice feature, but if I were them, I wouldn't want people to slam my products with my own webspace either. You should never buy a computer product just based on what's on the vendors website anyway. I have seen a few negative reviews, however, they were usually well-structured and rational. I would guess many of the reviews that are filtered are from the Johnny-wannabe-overclockers who don't have the sense to install products correctly, nor the spelling and grammar to articulate themselves online.

ontime 05-31-2004 10:41 PM

The best I have come across. Great turn around time also...

HAL-9000 05-31-2004 10:57 PM

Good outfit

I ordered my Abit IC7-MAXIII through them, and they had it to me in only three days. Not bad. I would've bought my P4 3.06Ghz HT from them, but I have a buddy with connections, who owed me money, and got me the HT. Intel Confidential unlocked HT! Can't beat that, even from the Egg.

psychofunk 05-31-2004 11:21 PM

They are the best. Every issue I have ever read or seen has been the fault of the buyer and even then if you are nice they will work with you.

wshost.Shorty 06-01-2004 08:34 AM

NewEgg rocks...excellent fast service!

AntiBling 06-30-2004 08:49 PM

They usually arent the cheapest, but the service during/after the sale makes it worth it. I've never had a problem with Newegg. I quit surfing other sites for a better price, I just go there. Why bother? I dont give a damn about saving a few dollars when I can just go there and buy whatever I need, knowing it will show up functional and on time. I give NewEgg two thumbs up.

Stang_Man 08-16-2004 10:04 PM

newegg is my first stop. i will only go somewhere else if what i need isn't in stock the day i buy and i need the product asap.

DrMemory 08-16-2004 11:56 PM

I've placed orderes with them a couple of times and have had no problems at all. I will not hesitate to order from them again.

DoughtCom 10-01-2004 11:52 PM

I know this thread is really old, but I love new egg so much I thought I would add to the list of happy people. The only time I had a problem was, I ordered a video card from them, and they sent me an empty retail box. I called them up and they sent me a replacement for free. Now that's service! Those people are amazing.

debay777 10-07-2004 05:07 PM

Hands down, the best online store on the net for computer related products is NEWEGG. does anybody have better prices? sure they do, but shipping is 4-5 times higher than NEWEGG'S!!!! I havent been able to find a store anywhere that can consistantly beat NEwegg out on any prices. great prices, best s&h prices, and fastest shippeng out there. i give them two thumbs up, the only reason they get two thinmbs is thats all i got!!

DryFire 10-07-2004 05:16 PM

I like them thier prices are good but they are starting to add more and more shipping charges.

I also like zipzoomfly.com Their RMA process is not preapproved, however it is painless.