Pro/Forums

Pro/Forums (http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/index.php)
-   General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion (http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   My finished Rig: Mark II (http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=3019)

kibbler 05-03-2002 11:07 AM

My finished Rig: Mark II

Done!! I'll be posting pics as soon as I borrow that digital camera from a friend...

:D

Oh, and from my earlier post, DDen did send me a new BI Pro (wOOt), now I just have to send the old one back.

I'll have temperature stuff up sometime later as well, seeing as my temp probe needs a new lithium battery.

kibbler 05-03-2002 07:09 PM

Sorry, weak question: How do you put pictures into posts?

thx

Brad 05-03-2002 08:22 PM

just beneath the white box where you type your messages there is an attach file box

kibbler 05-03-2002 09:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay, is this working...

This should be a pic of my rig sitting on a trunk. Tygon tubing looks super sweet.

mkosem 05-03-2002 09:24 PM

got enough tubing in there?

--Matt

kibbler 05-03-2002 09:25 PM

YES!!

Heres a closeup. MAZE2, wye fitting fill tube, and pump (Eheim 1048) wiring. Power cord was cut and fitted with a three prong power plug (like the psu power cords) Originally, my psu had two sockets. I rewired the unused socket into the case thru a hole I drilled into the PSU housing. Where that socket used to be, I installed a rocker switch that shuts down only the pump power, but leaves the psu connected, so I can kill the pump if need be.

kibbler 05-03-2002 09:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Forgot the attachment for the last post

kibbler 05-03-2002 09:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Pic of 2 (haha, surprise) 120s at 7V. iI had to cut the bezel a bit to fit the second 120mm. In front of the 120 is a plastic/foam filter. I cut the corners off of one side of the filter so its not attached with the cable ties, so I can clean the foam filter inside easily. Kinda hard to explain, but works pretty well

kibbler 05-03-2002 09:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hmm, that trunk looks a bit dirty

Anyway, last pic of a small bus I attached to the back of the motherboard tray. This is where the fan tails are attached, connected to a 12v and a 5v.

Any ideas, suggestions, comments would be great. This is second rig in a couple of months. This is becoming a far too expemsive hobby. The hydraulic case is really great, tho, I really recommend it.

Now I need a window or something

Cyco-Dude 05-03-2002 10:03 PM

you can reduce the amount of tubing by turning the pump around the other way. this will make the tube from the pumps outlet to the rad much shorter, and the tube from the "y" fitting to the pumps inlet will also get shorter. you may have to lengthen the pumps power cord tho (depends on how short you cut it). try routing the cord behind the MoBo tray.

ECUPirate 05-04-2002 08:37 PM

why does your coolant look blue? it's sweet. I've gotta get tygon. r u using waterwetter?

kibbler 05-04-2002 09:17 PM

Can you believe it?!!!! A friend of mine turned on my comp to get a CD I borrowed from him, but he didn't know about the pump. When I got back (not too late) the heat had melted the tygon hose connected to the brass barb over the CPU!!! Yet, my computer was still running, until I hastily shut it off!

Now I have to clean this mess up:( Not really his fault, I suppose.

Oh, the stuff I'm using is called Zerex or something, a radiator/automotive anti-corrosive that the guy at the auto supply store said worked the same way as water wetter.

Before this whole mess, I did turn the pump around, and wire the pump behind the motherboard tray, and it worked really well, thanx for the great idea!

UpAllNight 05-04-2002 09:43 PM

nice looking rig man....sorry about the melt down...thats one reasion i like the ideal of leaving my pump on 24/7....i need it so my wife and kids could just turn it on when im not home

UpAllNight 05-04-2002 09:45 PM

what kinda temps do u get out of your rig...and your cpu and overclock would be nice to

Cyco-Dude 05-04-2002 10:52 PM

LOL! your tygon tubing melted!?? what kind of tubing do you have (whats the ID, OD, and formulation?? where did you get it from?)
if you havent already, heres Procoolings pump wiring how-to.

bleh, thats one reason why id just leave the pump on 24/7 :D

Gnozo 05-05-2002 12:51 AM

Looks good, nice and clean setup. We want more pics ;)

Brad 05-05-2002 02:11 AM

hmmm, tygon shouldn't melt like that, it's rated above 100C

ECUPirate 05-05-2002 11:08 AM

Dangerden is carrying the r-1000 hose... check out this link...

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/pro...+Inch+O%2ED%2E

edit: link doesn't seem to work.. here's the relevant part...

Quote:

Tygon Peristaltic Pump Tubing 3/16 Inch O.D. thru 3/4" Inch O.D. Tygon Formulation R-1000 is crystal clear. Peristaltic pump tubing outlasts, out-performs and resists a broader range of corrosive chemicals than silicone tubing. Also it's less expensive than silicone tubing and performs in many of the same types of applications. Outlasts silicone tubing by a factor of 10-to-1. Ultra-flexible (Shore A,40) with an extremely tight bend radius. It's ideal for peristaltic pump applications. Working temperature range -103°F. to 125°F. Standard length is 50 ft. lengths; Sold in 10 ft. intervals only.
the other types of hose are rated at 165F.

Jim 05-05-2002 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by kibbler
Can you believe it?!!!! A friend of mine turned on my comp to get a CD I borrowed from him, but he didn't know about the pump. When I got back (not too late) the heat had melted the tygon hose connected to the brass barb over the CPU!!! Yet, my computer was still running, until I hastily shut it off!

Now I have to clean this mess up:( Not really his fault, I suppose.

Once again, get Mother Board Monitor and SHUTDOWN NOW. Set the temps 8C above your loads temps and let Shutdown Now protect your rig.

Also, which direction is the air moving through you heater core?

Is this Pentium processor?
Jim

Cyco-Dude 05-05-2002 02:09 PM

we need to email DDen and tell them to get the R-3603 formulation instead, as its much cheaper.
heh, "cheaper than silicone"...yeah right :rolleyes:

is shutdown now free??

Jim 05-05-2002 05:17 PM

Shutdown was $30.00, still cheap insurance. I wish there were another equal program available, since there is a somewhat complicated manner in which your "reg number/password" may or may not work if you lose it. I tried to understand it all but Shutdown Now comes out of Germany and I think the confusion is in the translation.

I test it every so often by unplugging my pump, so far so good.
Jim

kibbler 05-05-2002 05:50 PM

I was (still am using) 3/8 r_3606 from mcmasters. Stuff is really great, although for 1/2 ID I would suggest thickwall, the thin wall stuff just kinks far too easily. Anyway, I read the temp range on mcmasters site, and I'm really surprised that my CPU survived (whew). It's an athlon 1400 no oc. The two fans in front pull air in, but there's an 80mm on the left side cover so the hot air doesn't gather. The positive air pressure is nice too, so it won't get all dusty that easily like my last rig.

I'll have more pics up soon. Thanx for all the comments

Jim 05-05-2002 08:57 PM

Thought maybe it was a Pentium since it made it through the overheat. Regardless, glad the chip and rig is OK.

Maybe a big red sign: TURN ON PUMP FIRST!

Jim