Pro/Forums

Pro/Forums (http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/index.php)
-   Joe's Worklog (http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Site is over 16 years old... (http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=16020)

Joe 03-22-2016 02:39 PM

Site is over 16 years old...

Just FYI, if you were born when this site was started, you'd be able to drive in the US now. If that doesnt make you feel old, it does for me.

It's been 10 years since any real productive work or posting was done on the site. Which is fine, the industry and the people running the site moved on.

I just posted a little note about this in the Site News area, check it out if you want...

And I am kind of amazed my login still works! :):hammer:

RedRaider 06-08-2016 05:36 PM

Re: Site is over 16 years old...

This site is the Holy Grail of WaterCooling. Learned alot by reading through threads from the beginning of the site, back from Nov 2007 to March 2008.

rhkcommander 06-28-2016 03:27 PM

I use to lurk around here a long loooong time ago. Don't know if I had an account, can't remember.

Good to see the place is still around. Came around like a boomerang a few times this week while looking up older water cooling parts and overclocking stuff.

Joe 07-15-2016 11:57 AM

Nice to hear it still has a use! :)

UnaClocker 03-14-2017 10:35 PM

Guess it's 17 years old now. :) heh. Good to see you've kept it online all these years. I still remember getting drafted to write for this site after I published the story of my first foray into watercooling. I remember back when I was doing my projects, I said "Someday you'll be able to buy a name brand computer like a Compaq, that comes with watercooling from the factory". People laughed and said I was crazy.. heh.. Time sure has marched on. :) Fun memories.

Puzzdre 04-09-2017 05:58 AM

2 Attachment(s)
:cool: congratulations, and big, big THX to Joe for keeping this site (still) alive :)

I tend to log in occasionaly just to see if it is still ticking, and smile every time the login worked, just to see the familiar blue scheme...

As time passed, I went from DIY watercooling to reef tank keeping, along with my audio addiction on the sidetrack, then after 8-9 yrs of reef keeping, went to tube audio :doh: :laugh2: - evidently, I will never learn :hammer::laugh2::laugh2:

but the DIY waterblock part was a key to my learning to work with tools, gather good materials and never be sorry for paying a bit more for a good tool, so.... all this that happened after the wc-ing is partially Your˙s fault too.... and THANK You for that :D:laugh2::laugh2:

Hope everybody is doin` well, keep up and.... kepp the site online :nod:

Joe 07-05-2017 05:29 PM

Whoa that vacuum tube clock is awesome in that pic! I need to build one :)

ben333 07-14-2017 05:07 PM

Nice Marantz puzdre... I think I've got the same receiver.

rhkcommander 07-17-2017 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puzzdre (Post 174397)
As time passed, I went from DIY watercooling to reef tank keeping, along with my audio addiction on the sidetrack, then after 8-9 yrs of reef keeping, went to tube audio :doh: :laugh2: - evidently, I will never learn :hammer::laugh2::laugh2:

but the DIY waterblock part was a key to my learning to work with tools, gather good materials and never be sorry for paying a bit more for a good tool, so.... all this that happened after the wc-ing is partially Your˙s fault too.... and THANK You for that :D:laugh2::laugh2:

Hope everybody is doin` well, keep up and.... kepp the site online :nod:

Those are awesome! Love the use of the nixie tubes, they have become so expensive anymore...

Nicepants42 09-29-2017 02:16 PM

Jesus, apparently I last visited:
Quote:

You last visited: 08-30-2007 at 02:03 PM
Hope you all have had a nice decade!

I have good memories of this place. Pretty sure I still have my OG Cathar Storm in the basement somewhere. Been running pretty much the same water setup since 2011.