Pro/Forums

Pro/Forums (http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/index.php)
-   Mod / System Gallery (http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   CyberDruid Aquatronic (http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=11963)

CYberDruid 07-13-2005 08:31 PM

CyberDruid Aquatronic

20 Attachment(s)
Made the mods over a 30 hour period the last few nights--I thought I'd let you all see what I did to my rig....

The picture go backwards from the completed mod to a pile of acrylic and pipe fittings...

I started with an already modded rig in a Lian Li PC7A plus running aircooling with a CoolMax taurus Silent Power 450 PSU with a 140mm fan.

Through information and advice here on the forum and excellent technical reviews by Cathar, phaestus and others I put together a list for a single CPU loop.

Cooltechnia was my first stop for the highly reccomended pump and a Black Ice radiator I unfortunately punctured during trial assembly and was unable to incorporate. They got the goods to me in 4 days!

Below is a run down on the components inthe build and a host of pictures as well.:

G4 waterblock (Swiftech Storm from FrozenCPU), AquaXtreme50Z-DC12 on SounDown acoustic dampening mounting plate, auto transmission cooler from NAPA in acrylic shroud using Nexus Silent 120mm front intake, acrylic case panel/resevoir,exhaust vent, 80mm rear intake with acrylic ducts to cool Northbridge and RAM, plumbed with 1/2" tygon and coolsleeves, cooling a P4 3.0E on an ASUS P4P800SE running 2 gigs of Corsair DDR 400, 2 WD250 SATA 150 HDDs in RAID O residing in 5.25 CoolDrive3 bay inserts, and an ASUS QuieTrack DVD/CD ROM and a Memorex Dual layer DVD/CDRW with a an ATI AIW 9600 driving twin KDS 16ms 17" LCD monitors and a SoundBlaster Audigy2 platinum ex hitched to the synth, analaog Tascam portastudio and Yamaha 2.1 desktop speakers.

I am still burning in the AS5 so I am waiting a little while to overclock and bench the system for temps--right now folding and running prime 95 with "both" processors at 100% temps stay at 44 C for the CPUand 40C for the mobo. No doubt a more powerful fan would yield better results.

Questions and comments are welcome.

Belenar 09-01-2005 06:08 PM

Don't know why nobody responded to this post.
I stumbled upon it by reading through a few threads.

I think the reservoir mod is awesome! The rest of the system looks ver clean too. Just that your rad looks quite restrictive. And ist it Aluminium? Might want to replace it when you have a storm (Cu) in the loop...

Nice work ... really

maxSaleen 09-01-2005 10:25 PM

I'll second that. Very nice, original work.

TerraMex 09-02-2005 12:52 PM

what's the point in sleeves (except for bling) if using 90ยบ elbows ?

Lew 01-15-2006 09:54 PM

Re: CyberDruid Aquatronic

I really like it. Great job!

Question: How is the large acrylic panel secured to the Lian Li case? Also, I've never done any acrylic work; what glue do you use?

meforte 01-16-2006 11:10 AM

I like it, WTG!!!

thedude88 01-16-2006 07:53 PM

great setup, very creative

ElMoIsEviL 02-06-2006 11:03 AM

That's a VERY VERY nice rig.

Brians256 02-06-2006 01:48 PM

Surely nice looking! One major flaw looks like the restricted airflow to the rad, though. With those slots, you only use (what looks to be) 20% of the facial area of the rad!

However, the feature I like the most has to be that reservoir! Nice.

davidzo 02-26-2006 07:44 AM

i really like the setup, it is all nicely made and fits together. there is only one component in the watercooling which is weak. In your case i would be bothered by the aluminium rad. it is not only relatively small, only from aluminium (corrosion yeah) but has also very litle prime surface. A Bix single f.e. has much more tubes, is less restrictive and has at least two times the prime surface and is from copper. your rad is twice the sice but should end up weaker...
It would be nice if you could see more from the hardware through the window...