Pro/Forums

Pro/Forums (http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/index.php)
-   General Liquid/Water Cooling Discussion (http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Really stupid Q (http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=4944)

mo 11-15-2002 11:49 AM

Really stupid Q

Ok... Theres something Im not getting here...
Ive already poured almost a 3rd of my UV dye bottle into my fill point, (not to mention the original 5 drops I added and mixed with coolant), and I still cant get my water to glow :P
I stuck the little bottle of dye in the middle of the case to see if there is enough light (god knows there should ne ebough with 2 12inch CCFLs in there) and sure enough it glows nicely...

I thought this stuff was so concentrated you just need to add 1-2 drops..

pHaestus 11-15-2002 11:52 AM

Sounds like your dealer stepped on your <s>coke</s> UV dye with a heavy hand. I hate it when that happens...

8-Ball 11-15-2002 11:53 AM

They are UV cold cathodes aren't they?

mmakay 11-15-2002 11:55 AM

What kind of tubing?

mo 11-15-2002 12:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yes they are as you can see.... Also using Tygon tubing..

Phaestus: Not sure what you're saying?

mmakay 11-15-2002 03:14 PM

pHaestus was just making a joke about "dealers" "cutting" their goods...

As for the glow; it looks like it's glowing to me. What's wrong? The clear/blue dye isn't nearly as bright as the green. Is that what your comparing to?

mo 11-15-2002 04:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just took a pic with the original bottle next to the pump to see what its supposed to look like... Dont let the uv cables trick ya since they glow brightly and reflect through the tubes...
This is a clearer pic anyhow...

I bought the dye from dtekcustoms because of their rep... Im hoping its not watered down!!

bigben2k 11-15-2002 05:45 PM

Mo, the Tygon is UV resistant.

Try putting some of your cooling solution in a clear glass dish, and you'll see.

airspirit 11-15-2002 06:00 PM

HAHAHAHAHAH! I would have never thought of that, Ben, but that makes perfect frickin' sense! I was thinking of doing something like this a while back, after upgrading to nicer (Tygon) tubing, and would have done the same thing without knowing. Luckily, I didn't do it cos I'm too ghetto and cheeeeep.

mo 11-15-2002 06:00 PM

Son of a gun!!!!!!!!! Your right!
I had no clue:P Is clearflex the same way?
I just bought another 10 feet of tygon too:(

bigben2k 11-15-2002 06:11 PM

You're welcome.

I don't know about clearflex, but I would expect the same. See the specs.

bigben2k 11-15-2002 06:14 PM

BTW, there is an alternative. Get some of that "ClearNeon" spray paint, and spray your tubes. I've got some blue and orange.

I also picked up a 120 V neon, 15 Watts, because I didn't care to experiment with CC UV units. Are you happy with them?

mo 11-15-2002 06:28 PM

extremely.... the sunbeam ones are real purty... The spray would be a good idea though for the fans... them panaflos would look amazing... Whered you get yours?

bigben2k 11-15-2002 08:15 PM

www.clearneon.com

I saw it at my local distributor, but the website was cheaper. Officially, it was purchased for Halloween (chut!)
;)