View Single Post
Unread 11-17-2003, 07:28 PM   #21
8-Ball
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally posted by georgeteo
Based on what u guys have written, the decision on where I place my blocks should not determined by flow or pressure drops, but instead based on temperature of water in the loop??

Water temps would reach sort of an equilibrum after some time. In that case, we can simply arrange our components any way we like?? Since flow,pressure and temps are negligable factors??

Quote "block #2 won't suffer from block #1 being there except for temperature changes" may only be true if both blocks are being feed with the desired flow rates that allows the blocks to attain optimum performance. More often than not, it is unattainable.

What then should we use as a guage when it comes to mapping out our watercooling system??
The point I'm making is that the order of the blocks makes little difference to the delta T between coolant and heat source, provided the constituents of the loop have not been changed, only the order. However, the temperature of the coolant may vary, and since the delta T across each block should remain constant, the resulting temperature of the cooled objects may vary, though the magnitude of this effect is minimal.

Bearing that in mind, it "should" be more beneficial, given a set of components, to arrange the components in such a way that the total length of tubing, as well as the number of sharp bends is minimised, thus giving the best "overall" performance, of the whole system.

I hope this makes sense

8-ball

READ ALL OF THIS!!!!
8-Ball is offline   Reply With Quote