View Single Post
Unread 07-26-2006, 03:18 AM   #12
mx
Cooling Neophyte

Default Re: Final Peltier Setup, Suggestions Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricecrispi
Coolingworks has lowest fpi at 12 and Bill adams put his expertise into design of coolingworks rads. This is the rad i would buy if you want to go for less expensive rad
Seems like you're right. I once got 'corrected' when saying that CoolingWorks rads were in the same FPI regions as ThermoChill and I just accepted w/o verifying.

Why doesn't anyone use CoolingWorks then? I see a lot of ThermoChill and Swiftech but no CoolingWorks. If they could be brought in EU or if I lived in the US I'd buy one in a second just to try it since they're so darn cheap. But with the shipping costs I might as well buy a ThermoChill.

@ michaelzhao: If space and money is an issue I'd go with CoolingWorks instead of ThermoChill.

People recently buying what they hoped would be the DDC+/red impeller/18w DDCs from DangerDen got 11w red impeller DDCs. We don't really know how this new 11w version compares performance wise to the old 10w and 18w versions.

All DDC-Ultras from alphacool are the 18w version as far as I know and yes, the plexi top is included in the price (but not mounted). It's the same concept as the Radiical Turbo Head but with slightly smaller inlet and outlet channels, we don't know for certain how this affects performance so we don't know which top performs best.
mx is offline   Reply With Quote