View Single Post
Unread 12-16-2002, 04:53 PM   #13
Mr. Baz
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally posted by ymboc
Alright, that's it... I nearly replied to your (in my opinion) patronizing tone yesterday but decided to cancel the reply due to my own "am I actually contributing to this thread with this post" policy...

In reference to your first post, your the tone of your post is patronizing. Period. If were infact trying to be something other than patronizing (helpful, perhaps?), you really have to work on your delivery.

Note that if you re-read bowman's first post he specifically did *not* recommend replacing R12 with R134a due to the PITA it would be to change the oils.

In reference to your more recent post,... More patronizing. BigBen specifically excluded LN2 from his statement, yet you go rub nose in it too. Same goes for the lower load temp reference for the DIY units. Is it common practise now to just shrug everything off and say, "eh, I've seen better"

And now in reference to the A/C tech comment you made. You spoke to *ONE* A/C tech at one place... and you're using that *ONE* experience to discredit *ALL OTHER* other A/C techs everywhere? Really. Truism: A/C Tech's are people - they come in different sizes, knowledgebases and experience levels.

Consider for a moment that another reason 'your' A/C tech seemed baffled could possibly have been because the idea wasn't communicated effectively.

I apologize for not actually contributing in reference to the topic starter's original post. But everytime I see some person rip into another needlessly on a forum, it just makes my blood boil.
wow dude, chill. That first quote was from aenigma, not me.
In no way am I trying to be patronizing. I'm just stating the facts straight out. The information I post IS helpful.

I didn't say bowman's setup sucked. I just said there is no such thing as "the almighty cooling GOD"....and if you read closely you'll notice I said I liked bowman's work, as it is realy quality stuff.

I'll make it clearer....EVERY a/c engineer and tech I've talked to was able to follow my idea...but were kinda baffled, yet were VERY intersested in the unit. I had one actually request I let him know how everything turned out. Really nice guy he was.

I'm not ripping into anyone. I'm nearly correcting some minor flaws in other people's posts. I would hate to have a new guy working on making his own DIY system give up hope cause he got confused and tried something that someone told him to do....but it didn't turn out right.

From the looks of it.....you're the one ripping into ME....yet I have yet to say anything derrogatory towards anyone.....I don't get it...nice welcome note eh?:shrug:

BACK TO SUBJECT
--------------------------------------------------------

Oh yeah. Bigben. R22 would be GREAT. It is a relatively safe refrigerant and it has a better heat capacity than R290. I agree with you on that one. If you can get R22, GO FOR IT.
It's just in my area it is a royal PAIN to get a hold of the stuff, and online places are $$ and require a license most of the time.
It's just R290 makes a great medium if you can't get access to anything else.
I AM converting to R22 once I get my refrigerant license from my state.

R290 is still safe as long as you use it in a well ventillated place, but for those that want safety to the max, I agree, go R22. It's safer and has better heat capacity. It's worth the $$ if you can get it.
Mr. Baz is offline   Reply With Quote