View Single Post
Unread 12-12-2001, 11:44 AM   #1
AL666
Cooling Savant

Default Automatic Baybus DIGIDOC5 Mod problems... HELP!!!

I'm trying to do the Automatic Baybus Digitaldoc5 Mod which originally posted @ commongrounds-pc for my 130CFM Delta fans cooling my BlackIceII radiator but unfortunately it doesn't work. The relay that i"m using is RadioShack DPDT part# 275-218. It's 12VDC coil and its contacts are rated 10A.

Here's the wiring diagram of the the relay @ RadioShack's website.
I can e-mail better (clearer) image of the wiring diagram for the relay if you guys want. It's the same 15 AMPS relay switch used in Joe's "Relays and Rheostats" article @
http://www.overclockers.com/tips242/

So by comparing the relay to the one that's been used by BeOR, 7=a1 8=a2, 5=b1 6=b2, 3=c1 4=c2, 1=d1 2=d2 on my relay.

So here's how I'm wiring:
to DigiDoc header= [black] to 7(a1)-5(b1) and red to 8(a2)-6(b2)
to fan= [black(-)] to 3(c1) and [red(+)] to 4(c2)
to PSU= [red(+5)] to 1(d1) and [yellow(+12)] to 2(d2)

am I missing something here?

The fan only works when DigiDoc5 fan is always on mode(which supposed the be off for the sake of the mod;0).
Also the 12cm Deltas that I got here have already been running on 7V for a while Besides I'm trying the mod with a 8cm Senfu fan, but still no luck.

I got two of these 275-218 DPDT relay switches and tried both of them.

I also mistakenly shorted the two wires coming from the DigiDoc5 fan# 2 header, system immediately shut itself down ofcourse,
now it's in always on mode, no matter if the fan mode is set to on or off mode. Also I noticed that low power is coming from the
header now, meaning less than 12V. mistakenly I did a different mod to the DigiDoc LOL ;0)

any help is greatly appreciated,
AL
AL666 is offline   Reply With Quote