View Single Post
Unread 02-07-2003, 04:53 AM   #19
gmat
Thermophile

psychofunk:
Case = YY Cube, fully modded, interior padded with noise insulation, exterior polished then re-painted smooth black
Pump = Hydor Seltz L30 II 1200lph
Rad = DTek Pro/Core with shroud and 1 Papst 4412 N/2GL
CPU = watercooled with (currently) a Maze2.1 (ye old one). I ordered a TC-4 a month ago.
Mobo = A7N8X. Watercooled north bridge -> Aquacomputer Twinplex NB block (in 3/8")
GFX card = GF2 GTS. Watercooled -> Aquacomputer Twinplex GPU block (in 3/8")
PSU = Seasonic 400W, modded with a Papst 8412 NGL (and the pump relay+switch). Doesnt even spin at startup
1 Adaptec 29160, with rounded cables (LVD 68pin & USCSI 50pin), and those drives:
- Seagate Cheetah 15K.3
- Seagate Cheetah 10K.6
- Plextor UltraPlex
- Yamaha CRW2100 (USCSI)
Add 1 small airtrap (PVC, homemade), 1/2" Tygon, some 3/8" Tygon, a purge valve, and Corsair XMS 3200 C2 memory.
The rad sits above the PSU, pulling air into the case. The PSU fan is pushing air into the case (doing otherwise would create a 'short-circuit')
Currently the air drawn by the 2 fans cools down the HDD bay. As i plan to build a fanless PSU i'll get HDD waterblocks as well.
Total fan count = 2, both quiet and 1 is voltage regulated (PSU) and the other runs at reduced speed. So i can pretend my system is quiet. And yet it's a ultra-high performance rig (vid card apart, i'll change it this year)
gmat is offline   Reply With Quote