View Single Post
Unread 01-26-2003, 12:27 PM   #367
bigben2k
Responsible for 2%
of all the posts here.

The next one, also a flow graph, shows that there is a vortex forming, in the outer channel (ring, or toroid).

I should have predicted this. My original idea was to have the outer curve, but not the inner one. The solution I'm thinking about applying here, is to do away with all this curve stuff, and have the outer channel (ring or toroid) completely square.

I never got around to optimizing the outlet, but I have a potential solution to this as well.

This graph also partly shows something that completely blew me away: there is (slightly) more flow in those channels at 45 degrees, than the ones at 90 degrees. The overall speed is pretty balanced otherwise, with fluid velocities reaching 2.5 m/s (assuming a 100 gph flow rate).

From the previous graph, one can also see that there is stagnant flow in the top half of the channels, around the outer edge of the fin pattern. It is not terribly relevant, but I will attempt to add a restriction, from the top, to eliminate this deadspot. Otherwise, the flow is mostly concentrated at the baseplate.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg roscal flow 6 small.jpg (30.2 KB, 328 views)
bigben2k is offline   Reply With Quote