Thread: a new heatsink.
View Single Post
Unread 03-02-2003, 08:32 PM   #10
international
Cooling Neophyte

i find you are a expert in heat exchange. can we make friends?

1, to make it to be a heatpipe is really very difficult, because the diameter is very long, but i did success before, i use the laser jointing, but it cost me a lot, , and the result it really perfect. why fill it with compressed gas? you know gas is a very bad conductor for heat. so, can we suggest it to be empty in one end?(remarks, my camera goes wrong, this photo is photoed long before£¬ the cover is not jointed with the wall)

2, here is a link, the heatsink is passive to emit heat, and the fin is very short, only 25, i think, if i only increase the wall thickness, and the fin lenght, will it can also be a passive heatsink?http://www.ocztechnology.com/product...specs.php?id=4

3, your suggestion is good, but still a problem. at present, the big problem is how to transfer the heat from the finned pipe to the air, but not transfer the heat from the cpu die to the heat fin.

4, use pvc pipe is a very great suggestion, it is cheap, can you advice me more, how to root them? especially the two sides pvc pipe? the middle can fixup with the base.

6, i perfer to choose the v7+ more than zalman.
international is offline   Reply With Quote