View Single Post
Unread 11-30-2005, 02:33 AM   #1
Petra
Cooling Neophyte

T3h uber l337 Water Cooled Cardboard Box!

You guys'll probably find this one amusing... First, a bit of background, though...

I've been planning on doing a nice bit of modding to a Sonata2 to use as a display machine; however, due to the amount of modding and painting involved, it would likely take me about two weeks from start to finish. Unfortunately, I didn't have that kind of time available before a little 'opening party' that was thrown a couple weeks ago... so... I decided to use a cardboard box instead.

It was actually surprisingly difficult to get things mounted in there...then again, I don't normally build computers into cardboard boxes . Also, all of the tubing and stuff was cut for the Sonata, so it's kinda crazy in there (with a little extra wire mess thrown in for added ghettoness).

Specs:
A64 3000+ Venice (haven't had time to overclock yet... )
1GB Crucial Ballistix PC-3200 (borrowed from personal gaming rig)
DFI LP NF4 Ultra-D
MSI GF6600GT
Water Cooling: Silverprop Cyclone EvolutionSE (CPU), Silverprop Cyclone FusionHL (GPU), BIP2, Swiftech MCP655, and 7/16" ID Tygon tubing.

Fun with the fish-eye lens...

The wall prints are on loan from my parent's photography studio, incase you were wondering... they're really not "normal" office decoration. ...and the default WinXP background is there because I had just installed the OS the night before. Yay for procrastination...

My kid brother playing NFS:MW
Petra is offline   Reply With Quote