View Single Post
Unread 10-09-2003, 10:27 AM   #1
Zogthetroll
Cooling Savant

Default custom-built clear case (its finally DONE!!!)

this project began the planning stages probably a year ago, not that that means a whole lot since it took me a while to get started, get it finished, get the pictures developed and then scanned and posted. anyway, shortly after my interest in computer building/modding/cooling began i stumbled across my first view of a clear plexi case (probably over at directron.com, good site for parts btw). my first thought was "man, that's sweet" shortly followed by "hmmm, i could probably do better than that" and yes, as i found out, it is harder than it looks :-) being the sort of guy that is intensely interested in how things work and what makes things tick a clear case that would let me see all the internals seemed like a cool project. anyway, long story short, i ended up deciding to build it for my brother who would be going to college this year and my parents would help pay for the parts (provided it worked, which admittedly i was kinda nervous about since this is the first computer i've ever assembled from parts, let alone built the case to go along w/ it) basically what i did designing it was to model it after the YY cube case (sort of) since i really like those for their expandability. so, first off, the original plexi case (kudos to whoever designed/built this baby)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg acrylic1.jpg (29.7 KB, 455 views)
Zogthetroll is offline   Reply With Quote