View Single Post
Unread 09-24-2002, 06:20 PM   #22
Cathar
Thermophile

Quote:
Originally posted by aabtek
cathar, if your cpu is unlocked, could I persuade you to do a temp test at 1600@1.75V???
I have an asus a7v333 myself with a locked xp1900, and am using a innovatek rev3 with innovarad dual and eheim 1048 .... would love to see how the temps compare with a more extreme setup.

please? (and please state the bios version you use)
Hmmm, temperature comparisons over the internet always suck. You simply cannot control the number of variables. Even certain CPU's run hotter than others at the same speed/voltage, and I have two CPUs here that exhibit just this behavior, with one being 2C cooler than the other. Then we have variations in motherboard calibration (they are not calibrated independently), ambient temperature probe accuracy, water temperature probe accuracy, even case temperatures can affect the final CPU temperature as the water block is not the sole source of cooling of the CPU as the CPU does emit a decent quantity of heat through the socket and the case temperature and air-flow impacts how well that is cooled, even on the A7V333.

All of the above can result in a reported temperature varying by 5C or more depending on circumstances. I would be doing neither myself nor yourself a service by allowing a comparison. The values that I get and you get cannot be compared in any meaningful way due to the lack of control over the environments in which those values were achieved in.
Cathar is offline   Reply With Quote