View Single Post
Unread 03-30-2003, 04:59 AM   #69
MadDogMe
Thermophile

Quote:
What exactly does it mean to tweak it to match the pump power? How do you do that? Is there a formula?
Being ghetto and not an 'argue by numbers' kinda person (I'm no expert, I give opinions I don't mean for them to come across as statements ),
I'd have the pump push the water through the tubing you'll use(right lenght) rad then block and see which inner diametre throws/jets the water the furthest out of the end of the blocks body, not the exit barb. Or something like that with a bit more thought put in . It's not perfect, it does'nt allow for back pressure but that's how I'd calculate my 'jets' for an impingment block, I just crossed it over to your scenario...

The pump and radiator most definatly are included in the equation, it'll be nice to see how your little wonder performs with a decent pump and HC. If the HC is'nt removing the heat from the water the water temp will rise and so will the CPU temp. The Pump will dictate how often the water cycles through the system and at what velocity the water and copper surfaces meet for optimum forced convection, the more the merrier...
MadDogMe is offline   Reply With Quote