View Single Post
Unread 03-09-2005, 10:51 AM   #86
starbuck3733t
Cooling Savant

To the basement!
When making modifications to the housing involving drilling, dremmeling, or anything else that makes a huge mess, its a good idea to gut the system. Yes, I left the mobo and radiator and PSU intact for now - I'll be blowing everything out with compressed air before reassmbly.

Remember the rear faults in the powder coating that made the backside so damn ugly? Well... we'll cure that.

Laser cut 'acrylic fowlup cover and dressup plate' with custom etching (you guys will LOVE the etching ) In place, protective film on, holes marked for the centers.

Holes drilled in plexi and case, case tapped with 8-32, and plexi cover attached with black headcap screws. The plexi is a bit darker than that, but the flash washed it out. Quite difficult to photograph.

Money shot #1

Money shot #2 (SUP GUYS!?)

Money shot #3 (SUP GUYS!?)

Tapping the holes for the power plate after marking and drilling them. (forgot to photograph it for the top version)

Installed and held in place with headcap screws. (Ignore all the dirt inside the case, its mostly powder from drilling through the jbweld - it'll be cleaned before reassembly)
Goliath: 3.4E@3.91/Abit IC7, Maze4 (temporarily) + custom splitter to crazy 4-way watercooling parallel loop: X800XT @ 520/1280 + AC Twinplex, AC Twinplex Northbridge, Silenstar Dual HDD Cooler, Eheim1250, '85 econoline van HC + 2x120, 1x120 exhaust - polished aluminum frame panaflo L1As, 2x18GB 10K RPM U160 SCSI, 4GB PC4000.

I wanna be BladeRunner when I grow up!

Project Goliath - nearing completion.
starbuck3733t is offline   Reply With Quote