Thread: Liquid
View Single Post
Unread 01-27-2006, 03:49 PM   #5
Brent1
Cooling Neophyte

Default Re: Liquid

Hey thanks guys for your responses. Just a short responses to your answers if I may Tec’s are as effective as your setup, poor setups make every one think they are not effective. That goes for water cooling a poor setup will only cool as much as passive. One thing to bear in mind a TEC is not refrigeration and can not be compared to refrigeration or phase change. I have worked a lot with all of the above and found with careful consideration and planning Tec’s are about the most cost effective solution for cooling unlike phase change or refrigeration that will break the bank, not to mention if a component of the later goes the repair cost will break the bank again not to mention fry your rig with Tec’s the most I have ever seen for repair is to change out the PSU. Again it falls to the end user on what solution fits best.

I have made my own concoction lol, with alcohol and distilled water and Water Wetter my temps on the cold side have dropped considerably from using just glycol and water mix. I have not frozen up yet so this is a good thing.

All my water blocks and rad are copper I do not use aluminum in any of my water cooling solutions for my self or my customers.
But as for the mixture for the cold side any one that has any other ideas I’m all ears. I’m trying to find a medium that will give the coldest results and not freeze other that refrigerant lol

Thanks again I would like to here more on this subject

Regards
Brent
Brent1 is offline   Reply With Quote