View Single Post
Unread 07-22-2006, 02:25 AM   #3
michaelzhao
Cooling Neophyte

Default Re: Final Peltier Setup, Suggestions Anyone?

Pump:
I have several friends suggest the DDC to me, but I leaned toward the D5 because I didn't want to take the time/energy/risk to mod it. However, the Radiical Turbo Head, I know it adapts to the 1/2'' tubing, but does it also bring the benefits of 1/2'' tubing? (Sounds like a stupid question and it probably is...)

The factory modded alphacool is over 90 euros, way too expensive for me. The Radiical Turbo Head is quoted for me at 40 bucks (shipped). Also too expensive.

Is the D5 that much worse? If not, I'll get the D5 instead unless the DDC is MUCH better...

CPU Block:
Why is aluminum bad with copper? I have considered the DangerDen as well. And since you bring up that point, I would like you to confirm that the DangerDen block comes with everything such as gaskets and such. I do not want to buy anything myself. The Swiftech kit comes with everything.

http://www.dangerdenstore.com/produc...&cat=58&page=1.

Link is right above. Thanks.

Radiator:
I think I'm going to have to go with the BI GT because of space reasons. I simply do not have extra space in my case to accomadate the ThermoChill. Thats why I got the GT, because of its lowprofile design.

I'm going to be using Yate Loon fans on it or Nexus fans (quieter). For the record, I know that the Nexus is a Yate Loon.

Res:
Point taken, will be using a t-line. But, does Alphacools mini tank perform just as well as a t-line? Or is still slightly worse?

Thanks for the help guys. Every time I think I have something figured out, I come here and it gets blasted to shreds. But, its nice for the great help anyways.

Last edited by michaelzhao; 07-22-2006 at 07:57 PM.
michaelzhao is offline   Reply With Quote