View Single Post
Unread 09-30-2004, 05:25 AM   #1
Sunwong
Cooling Neophyte

Default Looking for special fittings for my WC external box

Hi there,

I am currently building an external case for my WC setup, and while I was thinking on the best possible way to interconnect both boxes (PC and WC box), I have come to a some sort of "dead end"...

It looks a bit uncomfortable to me to have a direct connection from the pumps in the WC box to the CPU block in the PC (the same applies for hose from last block to heater cores), and I have thought of using some quick fittings, similar to those used in the Asetek kits, but for 1/2'' ID tubing.

I would have two of them on each of the boxes, and for each of them would be "double sided"... (I may not be explaining it correctly, I am sorry for my lack of tech. vocabulary). I hope you figure out what my idea is.

This would make much easier to dettach the external case, both for transportation and general maintenance...

But I have been told that those type of fittings are VERY flow-restrictive. If this is true, then I better stay sway from it and look for other methods...

So, to make the long story short, could you please give me some advice for my idea?

Thanks a lot,

Sunwong
Sunwong is offline   Reply With Quote