View Single Post
Unread 09-30-2004, 03:20 PM   #5
Bio-Hazard
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansfragger

3) Colder NSH series. http://www.colder.com/Downloads/NSHFINAL.pdf . According to Colder these are their highest flow, lowest pressure drop, panel mountable couplings designed for 1/2" ID tubing. Not only are these valved in all sides, but they are designed to only release a few drops when uncoupled. These appear to be the best compromise of the group. You can also order an extra set of opposite sex fittings with no valves, so when you uncouple the tubing, you will still have a valve in the PC side and external WC box sides to prevent a spill. Then you insert the non-valved coupling (with a pre attached section of tubing) into the valved coupling and voila! You will drain the system into a container of your choice, instead of all over your hands, etc.

I guess when it comes to couplings for external WC rigs, it's hard to have your cake and eat it too.
The only problem with these couplings is their size. Their is no where on the case to mount bulkhead fittings

"A 2.00 inch (50.8mm) hole must be bored in the panel/container. Maximum panel
thickness is .50 inch (12.7mm). Minimum panel thickness is .12 inch (3.1mm)."

Those things are huge, that's why I didn't use them. But I guess it depends on the size of your case and how many spare 80mm fan holes you have free.
Bio-Hazard is offline   Reply With Quote