Thread: New daughter
View Single Post
Unread 03-13-2004, 02:19 AM   #225
UnloadeD
Cooling Savant

Glad to hear she's made it home and is doing so well. I agree 100% about doctors sometimes being overly pessimistic. A guy I work with, his wife was pregnant and almost 2 months ago the doctors told them the baby was deformed and probably wouldn't be born alive. This was based on ultrasounds and other tests they ran. They tried to convince them to abort or induce labor and get it over with. This went strongly against their religious beliefs so they decided to wait. Last week the baby was born via C-section with Dr, anasthesist, nurse, father and chaplain present. To everybody's suprise they had a perfectly healthy baby girl. The mother wound up being completely put under during the procedure and it took a while for it to sink in when she was coming out of it. A lot of people have been telling them they could probably sue for mental anguish or something along those lines. They aren't interested in anything like that. They are just grateful to have a healthy baby and that they were able to stick to their beliefs. I only share the story with you because I've been sharing your story with him, both kind of have the same impact on me. Keep us updated on progress and setbacks lots of us are following along.

peace.
unloaded
UnloadeD is offline   Reply With Quote