View Single Post
Unread 08-22-2004, 01:09 AM   #194
whitestick
Cooling Neophyte

Sure thing.
Model 1000 series, although now it reports itself as a 2000 thanks to the patch posted earlier, which is why I suspect it can handle two drives.
Software 4.0.830 (US)
Hardware 3.1.2
Bios 2.1.366
Not sure, but I suspect the updates to the Bios came with the 4.0.830 Software.
You have to do the format /reinit thing, and let it format out (whick too about 45 minutes as I recall), to get it to recognize the new size, but it certainly does work. Now if I could just figure out how to make th etelnet work, or at least SSH, so I can maniipulate the filesystem directly. The Web browser (even with debug) and or Assist don't quite give enough visibility to do what I want to do.

Im thinking that if I increase the power of the external power supply, I can put the larger drive inside the case, and then add a second hard drive even larger. Oh yeak, the 160 MB drive is a 133 ATA, and 7200 RPM, so that blows away the ealier reports of not supporting that as well. It may have to do with the patch to make it think it is a 2000, that enables some of these features, I'm not sure. I didn't print out enough of the original config, before messing with it to upgrade it. The warning message claims that once you upgrade to OS 4.0, then you cannot go back, so I haven't tried to reinstall the older image, as that might mess things up a lot. Anyway, take it from me, it does work, at least with the rev level that I am at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply
Can you post the bios/hw/sw revisison specs from you system?
I've got a 1000 and from what I've read most of them can't handle
more than a 120GB drive!?

Model: 1000 series
SW: 3.0.566 (US)
HW: 3.1.1
BIOS: 2.1.364

tia
/andreas
whitestick is offline   Reply With Quote