View Single Post
Unread 07-08-2006, 05:41 PM   #187
hugo2000
Cooling Neophyte

Default Re: Snap OS 3.4.805, anyone?

Well half a week of working on my Snap 2000 still hasn't resulted in a bigger HD. I started with 2x6GB and wanted to at least swap in a Hitachi 40GB drive. First PcConnection sent me an ATA 133 drive, which was listed as 100 on their site. So I had to download the Hitachi HD utility and reset it to 100.

Then I blew the Snap fuse - easily replaced at the local Radio Shack for their last pack of 2 amp fuses. I've now tried every combination of slave/master, one drive, both drives, left/right, up/now. The new drive still isn't recognized by the Snap OS.

So I'm down to the Snap OS. I have v 3.1.618 and bios 1.2.180. I'm figuring I need to upload to the mythical 3.4.803/805. Can some kind soul please let me know where I can obtain the correct .sup file or e-mail it to me n5 at mwpsoft.com.

I've read through all the upgrade postings here and unless I'm missing something. I don't know what else to try after doing the OS upgrade.

Any other help would be appreciated. I love my Snap and I'm not ready to replace it with something else.

Thanks.
Nigel

Snap 2000
Rebooted only 10 times since 1998 (normal use)
Only one crash
hugo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote