View Single Post
Unread 12-22-2003, 06:59 PM   #9
Shreder-X
Cooling Neophyte

yes i do have that i don't believe i've held onto the original from the Via aqua but i do have quite similar material used in the front of my llian li case for a filter between fans and outside its quite larger then the two fans i could snip a small enough piece to try. But right now i'am going to do a thorough cleaning of the system. Then try the non-res. setup with a T connections and filler pipe. If no luck then attempt another reconstruct with the res. in circuit with the filter installed in it.
I have run into a problem in the past i have failed to address and worked around since encountering it. When i first got my 2.4c proccessor in August i also bought Ceraminque? Paste supposedly the new high tech thermal compound to use with it. Well it worked great but when i attempted to take the waterblock off the chip i was unable to move it any since it was held in by the black outer casing of the pentium 4 hold-down brace so i slowly applied pressure to try to remove it .. well didn't take much.. pop off came the waterblock and the proccessor still connected thought i was ****ed i had bent a few of the proccessor pins! but very very carefully i bent them back into place and reasemmbled the system. I have not removed the proccerssor since i am very weary of this happening again. Have any of you had similar problems with ceaminique and it holding like an epoxy? Or suggestions on how to remove the block this time?
Thanks
OCZ 3700 Gold 2x256mb
Danger Den RBX
Black Ice Extreme 2
Via-Aqua 1300 - One year and still sorta kicking
This setup was ran continually for 6 Months and not one problem!
Shreder-X is offline   Reply With Quote