View Single Post
Unread 12-11-2004, 02:53 AM   #191
Cathar
Thermophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chew_Toy
What would the DDC be like in the 15~16v range?

This was taken from DDs web site.

I would guess that the DDC 2@16V would be as or more reliable than the MCP600?AQX 50Z would at 13.8

I would estimate that 2 in parallel at 15.0v would roughly approximate the 60Hz MD-20RZ curve, and also with a similar amount of heat dump.

Munching it through a bit and it seems like the DDC really seems to plataeu with respect to heat dump vs flow rate increases with voltages above 12.0v. i.e. there doesn't seem to be much point in over-volting it.

2 in parallel at 16.0v would roughly approximate the 60Hz MD-30RZ curve as an estimate. Again with an estimared fairly high heat dump approaching 35W or so for the two pump. Again we'd be seeing overall performance plataeu, or even degrade due to the extra pump heat.

Seems like no matter what, the estimates are showing that the two pumps in parallel are plateauing out at around +21.0 to +21.3C, regardless of the over-volting performed.

Really it looks like one would have to go to a stronger radiator setup to make over-volting the DDC's above 12v worth-while.
Cathar is offline   Reply With Quote