Thread: Pump roundup
View Single Post
Unread 11-04-2002, 09:23 PM   #96
Blackeagle
Thermophile

g.l.amour,

I'd be interested in hearing your ideas very much.

While I'd like to have a sharp looking/eye candy system, I also want the best straight water cooled system I can devise. If a heater core(s) will offer better performance that the Abyss or BIE dual, or dual Deeps/BIE rads then so be it, they are the way to go. I've seen a heater core at overclockers hideout that is 6x6x2 and that size would allow for the fitting of duals as well as haveing pretty good looks as well. Would this offer the best performance? I have relized that a powerfull pump adds heat, but thought that by running in a series pump=rad(s)=W/Bs=res=pump would help offset the problem by having the rad between the pump and the W/Bs.

How could this best be set up, and how powerfull a pump can be run before you start losing ground due to the added heat of the pump?

Reason for the high psi pump is that while I intend to order a Atlantis, I also intend to order a block from Cathar. This won't be a waste as I'll be building a second system for my daughter once I get the first one done a squared away. The two blocks will both get a turn in my system, and the lesser in performance will go into the following build. Both seem to be good blocks, but I know that Cathars is highly restrictive compared to many and I thought this would be a good way to push the performance up.

Whew! ! One thing about this thread, you fellas have really made me give closer thought to differant aspects of what I'm doing. Not easy to figure out all the variables. Thanks again to all.
Blackeagle is offline   Reply With Quote