View Single Post
Unread 07-27-2004, 01:42 AM   #44
HAL-9000
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by pHaestus
Yea but I don't think the average web reviewer is of much risk of whipping up a nuclear weapon given the physics mastery demonstrated in the reviews.
I would have to agree...they probably think detonating a nuclear bomb will somehow lower temps below ambient.

However, I agree with the general tone of your comments. I just posted on the PolarFLO TT Gruntville thread criticizing another goof review, again another flame war appears to be heating up there. But, I would have to say with folks like unregistered, this site is kinda stuck in a rut that way I think. The reason I mention unregistered is because he is pretty much always right in his arguments, and is prone to making some pretty earthy personal comments to people who are obviously technically wrong. Then its no longer about the review or watercooling, its about personal egos...and the flames sprout up, forest burns down, lawyers are called(!) etc.

I think people here will always post bad reviews, and good ones too. The review of the C-System pump at systemcooling.com I thought was very good for instance. But what we need to do is make it less personal. Just because someone is not so informed in thermodynamics or testing methodology and insturmentation doesn't make them retards, it just makes them uninformed. Most of these guys are trying really hard, and are enthusiasts just like us. Just misinformed, or not informed at all. Now folks like that dork Liquid3D had it coming, but for the most part these are good guys who would probably like to do better if it didn't involve personal humiliation. We have more in common than uncommon. After all, I think most of us here are here to learn from other sometimes more informed people...at least thats why I'm here.
HAL-9000 is offline   Reply With Quote