View Single Post
Unread 03-14-2004, 05:37 PM   #13
guandi
Cooling Savant

okay, i just gotta post, its AS_E_TEK! for christs sake.

Secondly, they make very good setups. some of the best imho. Their first full cpu/nb/gpu kit will still outperform many new ones.

Hikari, and others, pimping your own products on forums is not cool, for all we know your blocks could be horrid, but someone might go out and buy them thinking that you are an unbiased source of information and end up with a dud.

I too am getting annoyed with rip offs of the WW, it isnt even *that* good, the least they could do is rip off the RBX or XTC or something as well.

I have to admit, every time a new fad comes out, i go out and buy the top two or three contenders and test them myself, i will not be buying your stuff however Hikari, as i do not feel your marketing is kosha, or that your block will be any better than an original.

As for "Electrolyte Copper", most waterblocks are made of this. Electrolysis is how they make 110 (99.9% pure) Copper, and claiming yours is anything different is just marketing hype.

Edit : After finally getting http://www.watercooling.neostrada.pl...ld/bottom2.jpg to load, i realise how bad a block that really is.

Water will allways take the path of least resistance, which is why yours, and many other similar blocks have inefecient designs. you will end up with the water only flowing through the centre 2 channels, and having warm spots in the outer corners. if used on a peltier element, that would prove fatal over a long period of time, and although would not damage a core, would certainly not have very high performance.

And before anyone asks, if i had the funds i would make my own blocks.
2x BFG6800Ultra
Audigy2 ZS + Gigaworks S750
2x120gb/4x80gb
lots of water/copper/pumpy goodness.

Last edited by guandi; 03-14-2004 at 05:49 PM.
guandi is offline   Reply With Quote