View Single Post
Unread 08-25-2005, 03:19 AM   #17
dacooltech
Pro/Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathar
With the N03 nozzle plate, at first glance it appears to be strikingly familiar in design and principle to an AlphaCool NexXxoS HP Pro crossed with an AlphaCool NexXxoS XP Rev2 base-plate.

Of course, I could be wrong. Just going by what I can see of it.
The overall design of the BP was inspired from Morphling1's block.
http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/sho...ght=morphling1

I've been exploring the possibilities that Morphling1 offered with that block (based on your WW design ofcourse) for quite some time. The micro-pins are inspired mostly from Jaydee's, Volenti's, #Rotor's and Roscal's previous BPs. Also thanks for the single inlet / outlet version of the WW that you sent me long time ago. I tried so many different BP thicknesses, based on the tips that you e-mailed me regarding the WW ages ago, I don't remember the exact count now. pH tested some of the protos back in February but they were quite restrictive. Those BPs were different than the one in the MP-05 now though.

The Jets nozzle idea came from BigBen2K.
http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=6101

The straight threaded barbed fitting with an O-Ring was used by D-Tek on their blocks ~2yrs ago. AFAIK, Danny over at D-Tek is the one using 9/16-18 threaded barb with O-Ring for the 1st time on the Spiral, TC-4, WW etc. The barbs that I'm using on the WW-LE and MP-05 blocks are custom made with an ID of .41" ( 10.5mm ) BTW.

As for the top and USMA design. I changed the design of the USMA for the WW-LE, that I couldn't release before June. I lowered the sides of the new copper WW-LE top, underneath the USMA, simply because the Copper top is ~3x heavier than the AL top. So basically my main concern was reducing weight. Then had to get rid of the sides of the USMA so that it won't interfere with the caps on the motherboards.

BTW, use of Delrin was Jon Fettig (JFettig) 's idea, and he is the one that used Delrin on his blocks for the 1st time AFAIK . So he definitely deserves credit for it.

Anyway, with micro-pins or not, the MP-05 blocks are built around the same principles that was featured in your White Water and other blocks by Pro/Coolers such as #Rotor, BigBen2k, Jaydee, JFettig, Morphling1, Roscal, Volenti ...

You'll be receiving the all 3 versions of the MP-05 blocks (MP-05 Pro, MP-05 Xtreme and MP-05 SP), WW-LE and some other stuff soon Stew.

Last edited by dacooltech; 08-25-2005 at 04:12 AM.
dacooltech is offline   Reply With Quote