View Single Post
Unread 04-07-2006, 11:15 PM   #1
Budwise
Cooling Neophyte

Default My AC Chiller Build, Suggestions Needed

Im working on this chiller build and am just left sitting here scratching my head as to how to go about building or getting this evap into a res. It seems to me that with these pipes there is not alot of slack for bending them to get the evap into a cooler so i think i am pretty much left with very little movement options and trying to figure out how to build a res up around it. Any tips or ideas?

The plan for now is to use a temp switch so that at a certain temp the chiller will turn on. Until i move in 6 months to a bigger place i plan to just run sub ambient temps yet stay above the dew point so needless to say im gonna need a temp probe to keep it above dew point.

Here it is with the fan housing removed. The fan is frickin LOUD, so i figured id use something else once i get the res figured out.

As you can see, it doesnt appear to have much slack to move the evap very far... I dont know how much help getting a pipe bender would do.

Im curious as to that little section of coiled up pipe, what is that? Im in need of some suggestions as i am kinda stalling out on this one...
AMD Opteron 170 *Naked* CCBWE 0546XPMW / DFI UT NF4 Ultra-D / X1900XT Flashed to XTX - Swiftech MCW55 / 2GB OCZ Platinum EB 3-3-2-7 1T / Sound Blaster X-Fi / Swiftech Apex Kit with Storm G4 / OCZ Powerstream SLI 600W PSU / Plextor 716SA SATA DVD Burner / 74GB SATA Raptor 10K rpm / 250GB SATA Hitachi Deskstar 7K250 / Thermaltake Armor / Samsung 940B DVI / Logitech MX1000
Budwise is offline   Reply With Quote