View Single Post
Unread 04-16-2006, 07:55 PM   #5
Budwise
Cooling Neophyte

Default Re: My AC Chiller Build, Suggestions Needed

i decided to scrap the soft sided cooler idea as it seemed like it was gonna be a pita.

Here's what a trip to the store has brought.

One thing i am worried about is dirt particles getting into the loop from the cooler. As you can see in the pic there is some little specs floating around. I have rinsed off and cleaned the evap and cooler already and still it seems that stuff ends up floating in it and i dont want that stuff in my loop.

The better cooler definately helped drop the water temp faster.

What if i were to simply run my rad from my current watercooling and submerged it with the evap? Would that be much more inefficient?

I still need to figure out how to regulate the water temp as to avoid condensation. Can someone help me out and link me to a thermostat i could use or something? cuz im not sure what to look for...
AMD Opteron 170 *Naked* CCBWE 0546XPMW / DFI UT NF4 Ultra-D / X1900XT Flashed to XTX - Swiftech MCW55 / 2GB OCZ Platinum EB 3-3-2-7 1T / Sound Blaster X-Fi / Swiftech Apex Kit with Storm G4 / OCZ Powerstream SLI 600W PSU / Plextor 716SA SATA DVD Burner / 74GB SATA Raptor 10K rpm / 250GB SATA Hitachi Deskstar 7K250 / Thermaltake Armor / Samsung 940B DVI / Logitech MX1000
Budwise is offline   Reply With Quote