View Single Post
Unread 03-15-2004, 08:04 PM   #30
bigben2k
Responsible for 2%
of all the posts here.

I haven't even gotten to that part!

Yes, a 130W TEC is insufficient. Proof? Check out the icetek Forums, and the user that complains about wild temp swings, and performance under par. Heck there was a time when one was happy with an 80W TEC, but that was even before I came here! Bill's point is that you ought to demonstrate (as I do poorly) that you understand the numbers behind it all. Last I checked, DangerDen was selling 170 and 220W TECs (checking... they sell 226, 169, 80, 120 and 172).

Today's heatloads easily hit 80W, without any OC, and can hit upwards of 120 Watts. A TEC runs under volted (as is required, for the sake of efficiency), on top of which only a portion of its heat transfer power run efficiently (what did we estimate? 70 to 80%?) simply because of the application.

The "products" I was referring to, is what you are selling: you should demonstrate that you are aware of the thermal limitations (and properties) of the processors which your product proposes to cool.

(Bill: I thought you said that 3 gpm wasn't worth it? What's with the 11.4 lpm test results?)
bigben2k is offline   Reply With Quote